Thread: Actual timing higher than commanded timing

Potential Tuner

Actual timing higher than commanded timing

I have searched this and have found no results. I have a 2004 GMC sierra and am noticing at WOT actual timing is higher than commanded timing. I have checked to see if there was any adders but cant seem to find anything. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to why this is happening.

Thank You
    Brian
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    check your IAT and ECT tables
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Potential Tuner
    I have checked those tables and both of them are showing that they take timing away. From the datalog it doesn't seem I'm hitting the areas that would add or take away timing.

Quote Originally Posted by brianh1 View Post
    I have checked those tables and both of them are showing that they take timing away. From the datalog it doesn't seem I'm hitting the areas that would add or take away timing.
    The default spark graph is reading MAP in the row axis. The High Octane row is Cylinder Airmass vs RPM. Change your sensor in the graph to Cylinder Airmass and copy over the row column from the high octane table and replay the log and compare.

Capture1.JPG
    1968 Chevy C10 SWB - Project
    2018 Denali L5P

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06-Hammer View Post
    The default spark graph is reading MAP in the row axis. The High Octane row is Cylinder Airmass vs RPM. Change your sensor in the graph to Cylinder Airmass and copy over the row column from the high octane table and replay the log and compare.

Capture1.JPG
    That's the reason why. I never even noticed that it wasn't reading cylinder airmass. Thanks man.