Thread: VCM Performance Wideband AFR module

Tuner in Training

VCM Performance Wideband AFR module

Hi All
    I am brand new to HP tuners - Along with the software I have purchased a VCM Wideband (Australia) I have Ver-3 of the tuner software and all documentation I have access to refers to the earlier Ver-2 explaining how to setup VCM Wideband module which seems simple enough. I cant find any reference to VCM Wideband module and setup for Ver 3.
    Has anyone experienced this if so can they direct me to a guide to setup this wideband unit.

Tuner in Training
    Hi All ' Looks like I am answering my own thread here but it may become useful to others.
    It seems that the VCM Wideband AFR Module has not yet been setup for Ver3 -- working on it accordingly.
    I upgraded from Ver2 to Ver3 to be able to tune my 2015 commodore (Ver2 would not read it) but as I have found wont be able to use the wideband supplied with the tuner software, in the short term anyway.
    I have another vehicle a 2005 Monaro which now unfortunately I registered with Ver3, since the news that the wideband can only be used on ver2, switching back to Ver2 (which I have tried on another computer) wont recognise the registration applied in Ver3.
    Trap for young players.

Regards

Does it not use a 0-5V output? If it does then you can use it with V3 just fine.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
    Hi All ' Looks like I am answering my own thread here but it may become useful to others.
    It seems that the VCM Wideband AFR Module has not yet been setup for Ver3 -- working on it accordingly.
    I upgraded from Ver2 to Ver3 to be able to tune my 2015 commodore (Ver2 would not read it) but as I have found wont be able to use the wideband supplied with the tuner software, in the short term anyway.
    I have another vehicle a 2005 Monaro which now unfortunately I registered with Ver3, since the news that the wideband can only be used on ver2, switching back to Ver2 (which I have tried on another computer) wont recognise the registration applied in Ver3.
    Trap for young players.

Regards
    I'm in the same boat, had my software a couple of years & I bought a VCM wideband also, was easy to setup in Version 2, got no idea how to do it in Version 3, been trying for days.

Did you read/follow the how to? If so, what point is giving you trouble? It's not bad to setup.. easier than 2.24 IMO.

Just add the MPVI 1/2/3/4 (whichever you are using) to the list of channels, right click on it, hit transform, put in the formula/name in the user defined option if yours isn't on the list and you're pretty well done.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...PRO-Interface)
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Senior Tuner
    im using the vcm wideband (dynojet) also and going from 2.24 to V3 is same as schpenxel mentions in the link and mine works fine same as in 2.24, just remember which one u "transformed" name and then all good, i used the PLX and transformed to suit my old offsets then just find the MPVI input then PLX in the channels and good to go

Potential Tuner
    VCM wideband.png

Struggling with all of it, was very easy with previous version.

How do I know if its 1,2,3 or 4 ???

I get to the next bit & the VCM wideband isn't listed, don't know which one to select ???

Tried a few & none work.

Couldn't of been easier in previous version, went into scanner, add input, wide band 02, VCM listed, done.

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Did you read/follow the how to? If so, what point is giving you trouble? It's not bad to setup.. easier than 2.24 IMO.

Just add the MPVI 1/2/3/4 (whichever you are using) to the list of channels, right click on it, hit transform, put in the formula/name in the user defined option if yours isn't on the list and you're pretty well done.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...PRO-Interface)
    Last edited by Katlad; 07-07-2016 at 09:11 PM.

User defined, enter formula for that WB and done. It literally takes under 30 seconds either way.

Input # is the one the WB is connected to on the interface itself. Usually #1

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Potential Tuner
    Ok, Ill have another go

Where do I get the formula for my wideband ???

Thanks

Paul
    User defined, enter formula for that WB and done. It literally takes under 30 seconds either way.

Input # is the one the WB is connected to on the interface itself. Usually #1

Can usually google the manual for that wideband and find it. I'll look around tomorrow if you can't find it

Post your current channel config, I'll try to add it and repost.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks, I contacted VCM where I bought everything & they remote operated my laptop & set it up. its working now.

Thanks

Paul
    Can usually google the manual for that wideband and find it. I'll look around tomorrow if you can't find it

Post your current channel config, I'll try to add it and repost.

If using a VCM Performance wideband (a custom version of the DynoJet wideband) select the common Dynojet WBC option. They share the same voltage slope.

Good deal.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock