Thread: Does E38 Reflect DFCO on Commanded AFR??

Does E38 Reflect DFCO on Commanded AFR??

hey my question is pretty basic. as ive been tuning the VE on an E38, Ive noticed that when it goes full lean after decent throttle % --> no pedal input, the commanded AFR stays at 14.68. SO my guess is that is does NOT reflect DFCO, and thus I must disable it. I just wanted a few opinions from you guys, a few tuning friends both think the same, I just want to confirm it. Because most PCMs I work with DO reflect DCFO, or whatever the PCM may be commanding... Thanks for your input

John

Not sure if you want to disable it or if you are not sure if it is working but if the AFR is not showing full lean on whatever wideband you are using then DFCO is not working. I had this issue recently. Mine would not go over 15;1 and my mpg instant would not go higher than 32 on decel. My issue was base airflow was too high. You should see the wideband go full lean and you should see the instant mpg reading go to 70 or more. also run the status bit for DFCO in the scanner to make sure it switches on.
    Last edited by twistedpixels; 03-06-2016 at 02:08 PM.

Pretty sure DFCO activated...timing is 9 degrees, FTC+20 and LTFT -18 while commanded is the stoich vale of 14.2. Its a 2007 E38 Vette

Ed M
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

commanded AFR does not reflect DFCO.
    I've logged the DFCO flag bit and even while it shows active/enabled, command AFR/EQ doesn't change.
    This on a 2010 Camaro LS3 with E38.
    2015 Cadillac Escalade ESV, 6.2L L86, 6L80e - AFM disabled

Agreed.. commanded does not change.