Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: please help with tuning my dads daily

Tuner
    The tables that are different are.... under open loop header, gas(gear), gas (p/n), Injtemp gain, and under misc header the EQ ratio min. is different.

I've compared the "SD" file you posted earlier to about 10 different factory tunes and all of them have different ECT vs. startup tables in the closed loop enable section.

Just make the whole table 95*F for now

For the O2 readiness table make the whole thing -40*F

Tuner
    Ok. I understand it all now. I had to sit down and talk it through with me dad. you guys are correct. the ltft are killed in the SD tune. Yes that is correct. That is my fault for thinking someone knew what there were talking about. So now that my tables are factory I am going scan and post results

Tuner
    So I learned a few things last night scanning dads truck. He has v6 o2s according to the part number. I'm guessing this has something to do with how it is behaving. Next, I turned the o2s on in the sd tune and the maf off and the ltft and stft worker perfectly but I noticed it starred and ran so much better. Why is that?

Tuning Addict
    Learned fuel trims from your previous ignition cycle... Watch the trims while starting cold and you'll be able to see what I'm talking about
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner
    alright I think I'm onto something. So I think I've got everything work. I have a question. Should the ltft's be reading in scanner without having to turn the lftf on via Vcm controls? They wouldn't read last night when I was scanning until I turned them on with VCM controls in scanner. Since it wouldn't, what does that mean?

LTFT's may be disabled in the tune engine-->fuel-->open/closed loop, LTFT enable, min/max ECT
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner
    gotcha. So with ltft's enabled and a table I made in scanner to match the VVE table in hp tuners 3.0, I scanned for an hour yesterday with fuel trims reset and after working on the VVE table and smoothing it out, I flashed and rescanned. The numbers are still about the same. most of the ltft are -17 to -22. Why haven't they gone down to close to 0?

Might have not updated the right VVE table. There are 4 of them. Over on the left side of virtual VE editor it'll have a box that says manifold switch open or manifold switch closed. The default one it shows isn't actually used on some cars. Try changing both open and closed VVE tables to the same (new) values and see what that does.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner
    awesome. Thanks so much. I'm starting to get some of this now. I have a question. I am comparing the factory tbss file and the previous tuner of my dads truck has his flow rate vs. press for the injectors different. why would someone change that if they are factory injectors?

Is it a big change? And is the fuel system totally stock?

Once upon a time several years ago "tuners" use to "tune" vehicles by changing injector flow rates on the same set of injectors. They didn't know any better I guess. Obviously that's not how it's done anymore since we know so much more about how to do things properly.. but that used to be the norm.

I'm wondering if this tuner is just stuck in some old school ways of doing things

If the fuel pressure is changed or you're running a boost referenced regulator or anything like that then that actually could change the inj flow rates. Otherwise.. I can't think of a good reason
    Last edited by schpenxel; 05-04-2016 at 06:38 PM.

Tuner
    the fuel system is stock and so are the injectors. I think it had a fuel pump put on it but I'm not sure if it was upgraded. Maybe the aren't much but I want to tune this truck right bc it is my dads and I obviously right. the values are the exact same until 308kpa. from 308kpa to 768kpa they gradually go up from 3.0 to 4.0 more than the factory numbers.

Looks like they changed all of the injector data. Not sure why they would do that if injectors weren't changed?

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner
    I may out then back to factory and retune. I appreciate your help.

Tuner
    We're still having trouble with the start up. Sometimes it start on the first turn of the key but most of the time you have to try 3 or 4 times. When it does start, if you put it in drive or reverse it dies. You have to give it a lot of gas to get it going in reverse or drive but after you are rolling it's fine. Is there a table for airflow when changing gears or something?

Min airflow can be set different for each gear.

Take a look at idle-->airflow, base running airflow section, "Airflow final minimum" table and see what messing around with that does

Tuner
    I'll check into that. I have another question. When is wide open throttle and downshifts in the first if you're doing about 35 miles an hour it shifts out a first really soon how do I keep it from shifting out of first so soon?

Trans-->auto shift speed, there are tables for full throttle shift and part throttle shift for different gears.. so those are the ones you'd want to mess with

Tuner
    how to do i get rtt on 3.0?

Tuner
    I've messed with that table to try and keep the truck from dying on a hot start and I can't seem to make any progress. It still dies when shifting from park to reverse or into gear when it is a hot crank.