Thread: 2.3 ecoboost mustang PATS disable.

2.3 ecoboost mustang PATS disable.

I have a 1972 Mercury Comet I was originally going to put a coyote in but I have an opportunity to buy a complete(engine, trans, harness, computer) 2.3 Ecoboost setup from a 15' mustang for $2500. Considering I'd have that into the front suspension to fit a coyote in there, I figure I'll try something new.

I looked at a stock tune from the repository and the PATS option is available, can I confirm that I will NOT need the factory key to make this work? I need to know what other computers/wiring I will need from the donor car(it's still available).

Thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    Im assuming PATS is Fords equivalent of VATS(vehicle anti theft system). If that is the case you should only need to do a read entire, license the file, disable in in the tune and write entire. Maybe Eric can clarify whether the is still the case. One thing I'm wondering is whether it needs to pass PATS just to go into "Accessory" which is where it needs to be when you read in HPT.

That is no longer the case on the 2011+ Ford PCMs.

Currently we have no way to disable PATS on that ECU.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    That is no longer the case on the 2011+ Ford PCMs.

Currently we have no way to disable PATS on that ECU.
    Can you tell me where the PATS system is so I can make sure I grab it from the vehicle?

Advanced Tuner
    is there still no solution for this issue?
    what is the procedure with the scanner you're referring to for the PATS disable process?

Quote Originally Posted by misk View Post
    is there still no solution for this issue?
    what is the procedure with the scanner you're referring to for the PATS disable process?
    This might take a while for them to figure out. On some ECUs you must send the computer to HPT for them to unlock it.

In the HPT software: System->General->Security->PATS Switch. Just because you see it doesn't always mean it will turn it off.

In my situation I grabbed 90% of the donor cars harness and the key. I need to connect all the grounds to see if it works but I might have trouble as I might have cut the PATS antenna on accident.

Quote Originally Posted by mechanicboy View Post
    Can you tell me where the PATS system is so I can make sure I grab it from the vehicle?
    Many Ford cars have the PATS module inside the cluster.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Quote Originally Posted by Montecarlodrag View Post
    Many Ford cars have the PATS module inside the cluster.
    I grabbed that too but according to Ford the antenna is located under the center console. I grabbed the entire(minus light sensor) dash harness and everything else from the interior(minus doors).