Thread: ECU freaks out after download of this tune

ECU freaks out after download of this tune

Happened twice. After the first time I deleted the tune and created another one with the same changes and it did it again.
    Gages go crazy and dash flashes all kinds of messages.
    Both times, downloading the stock tune fixes everything.
    I'm guessing I have some sort of parameter combo that the ECU doesn't like, maybe with mapped points and distance tables.

Anyone care to take a gander and see if you notice anything that might be awry?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2019 C7 Stingray M7 - long tube headers, 6.30/6.22 226/238 cam, supporting stuff, DOD and VVT delete.
    Stock everything else

Quote Originally Posted by GapRider View Post
    Happened twice. After the first time I deleted the tune and created another one with the same changes and it did it again.
    Gages go crazy and dash flashes all kinds of messages.
    Both times, downloading the stock tune fixes everything.
    I'm guessing I have some sort of parameter combo that the ECU doesn't like, maybe with mapped points and distance tables.

Anyone care to take a gander and see if you notice anything that might be awry?
    Please email support.

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    Please email support.
    will do. thanks
    2019 C7 Stingray M7 - long tube headers, 6.30/6.22 226/238 cam, supporting stuff, DOD and VVT delete.
    Stock everything else

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    Please email support.
    I never could get any help from support. The guy claimed to be stumped over whether I "uploaded" or "downloaded" to my ECU even after I admitted to using the wrong word on my initial request, which BTW I'm pretty sure I just copied from my post above.

I'm still concerned, I don't want to ruin my ECU and I think everyone would want to know what parameter combination could cause my situation.
    Remember, it happened with two different tune files I created but using the same parameters, I created the second tune file because I thought the first one that caused the issue could have just been a corrupt file.
    I would sincerely appreciate any help.
    Thanks
    Stock everything else

Advanced Tuner
    Does it throw a check charging system error and does it sound like the fuel pump is cycling non stop?

I think I remember seeing that as one of the messages. I don't remember if the file pump was cycling?

There's certain timing tables that if you copy from another os it freaks the car out. Not sure if that's what you're doing

Tuner in Training
    My 2012 goes bonkers when I change Engine>Spark>Advance>Spark Tip-In (Pedal Enable and Events). These two I can't touch.

Advanced Tuner
    Yup. Mine does it on one strategy with spark tables. On another strategy it works fine no matter what I do. Changing strategies corrected the issues I was having. Might be something the OP needs to do. It sucks cause it requires 2 more sets of credits

I did change timing in at least one table. I'll dig in see