Thread: I have an autometer fuel pressure sensor, and can't get support.

Advanced Tuner

I have an autometer fuel pressure sensor, and can't get support.

I posted in that gigantic release thread about not seeing support for the Autometer fuel pressure sensor.

Kevin asked if I could get the data for it, he'd add it to the next release, but I have yet to be able to find anything.

The thing is, it was supported in 2.24, so I'm sure they have the data in the archives somewhere, it was a select-able option before.

This is the sensor I'm using, and like I said, it was supported before.

http://www.autometer.com/100-psi-pre...ransducer.html

To me, fuel pressure is just as critical to monitor as afr, timing, etc. I log every time I drive, and I want to make sure that fuel pressure is staying where it's at with ~900rwhp.

Thanks.
    2000 T/A - Thompson Motorsports 416ls3, F1A procharger, HP tuned. Just a couple psi of boost.
    2013 Mercedes C350, wish HPtuners worked.

It's a 0-100psi sensor on a 0.5-4.5v range. The transfer is as follows:

Pressure = V * 25 - 12.5

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Just use the AEM 100psi sensor built into the scanner. It's the same sensor.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

I believe the transform you want is already in the software, under Pressure Sensors->AEM: AEM (PN 30-2130-100) 100 PSIg
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for the replies guys. I'll try the AEM sensor and do some data logs and see if they are comparable to what it was previously... it should be.
    2000 T/A - Thompson Motorsports 416ls3, F1A procharger, HP tuned. Just a couple psi of boost.
    2013 Mercedes C350, wish HPtuners worked.

Advanced Tuner
    To the same pressure measuring question: I get that formula "Pressure = V * 25 - 12.5" put into scanner V3.2 by putting "(1/25)-12.5" to the equation but how do I ad "*0.0689475729" to it since I need that to transform psi to bar.

It seems it's always a must to choose a parameter when adding a channel. This choosing a predefined parameter retrieves a name to the parameter list that I would like to change but I can't.

You don't have to. Use the correct formula for PSI and chose a unit of PSI when setting up the transform.

Then when you're using that fuel pressure parameter in charts/graphs/gauges there will be a box for what unit you want to use. Select bar or whichever unit you prefer and it will do the conversion for you

Or you can just multiply the whole psi formula by 0.0689 to convert it over to bar that way.

I think the former is easier.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock