Thread: Afr going rich vs high iat

Afr going rich vs high iat

Engine has been Street tuned and running great at 11.3:1 afr wot (boost).

Tonight's first night drag racing and my iats went from 120-133 during my third and fourth gear pull. My afr went so rich it pegged at 10.1:1 and I leaned my ve table in my wot area 4400rpm+ (135-150kpa) by 12% to get it back near 11.3:1 afr.
    After my night ended and my car Sat an hour, on my drive home I floored it with 70-80 degree iat's and as soon as I got above 4400rpm it started going lean! 11.8:1 afr!
    What can I do to fix this?
    I found the power enrich vs iat table but it only increases my PE value if I read it correctly? Does this mean I must add fueling to my normal Street iat area and leave my ve table tuned for my high iat racing temps?

Sorry if my paragraph is tough to read. In my own research, I am learning about this cylinder charge temperature table. I checked it out on my '02 corvette z06 and with my 2bar spee density conversion, I only see an option to enable or disable. Nothing else to adjust it by. Why is this?

Advanced Tuner
    I turn off the complex cylinder charge for boosted engines, I wouldn't use the ve table to correct this issue as it will lean out when the temp comes down as you have discovered.

I disabled it but i wont be able to race until next week to make the temps rise to that level again. Any suggestions? Only thing I can think of is if disabling cylinder charge temperature will fix my problem.

Advanced Tuner
    Are those IAT readings C or F if C yes that is fare hot, have you got a intercooler and cold air intake?