Thread: need advice and possible a little help

Tuner in Training

need advice and possible a little help

ok i have a 2000 silverado i put a comp big murtha thumper cam in tried to tune it useing tuneing school books but after doing sowe ive had nothing but problems with drive abilty every time i would touch the brakes it sounded like it was droping cylinders and start runing lean every on told me that the cam was going to be a pain to work with
    i just got the can that i wanted in the first place and i picked up a spare ecm just for the hell of it anyways put the new cam in and still haveing the same problems i tried puting the bone stock tune in but some how it got deleted off my comp sowe i took the new ecm i just got and copyed the stock files out of it and put them in the old ecm sowe i dident have to buy more credits
    but i still have the same problem
    i just sed the hell with it put the new ecm it the truck and now it fine is it possible that the ecm was ready to take a shit or is it possible i did something to mess it up
    oh and from day one the trans seams like it was not right but with the new ecm it seams like its got a total different trans in it and the converter in not sliping in and out all the time anymore

I would suggest going to the bin file and loading a stock tune and start from scratch. Follow the book guidelines and take your time.