Thread: Twin Turbo 2004 2500HD looses throttle when goes into boost??

Potential Tuner

Twin Turbo 2004 2500HD looses throttle when goes into boost??

Hey guys, thanks for looking in. So i have built a few of these set ups over the years but this is my first drive by wire set up. I went threw and think i got every TQ setting to 640 but it still kicks into some sort of limp mode when i run it up in RPM and MPH so its not really boost related cause its at 11 psi down low and its fine. just seems to happen at higher rpm and mph. ill attach the tune and a log of it doing it. the only other thing i can think of is some sort of speed limiter maybe? the only code it throws is the P0101 code for the maf since i have it on speed density and set to fail. it was throwing a code p0068 but i disabled that code. any way any ideas why it falls on its face ? i have to clear DTC in scanner to get the gas pedal to work again. even though the only code showing is p0101 and not related to the issue. any way here is the tune and log.
    PS this is a speed density 3 bar 80 ib inj set up.

Also how do we set up the MPH in 3.0? the old version just had you enter the tire size and it did it for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by lavoy1; 02-19-2016 at 05:34 PM.

Go to the gear/tire wizard under the edit tab to adjust the tire height, then it will auto scale the settings for you.

Sorry I can't help more on the boost/throttle side, but I did watch(ing) the build on youtube
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    thanks for watching us on youtube.

Just a WAG. Look at the timing when it stalls out. It zeros out when you suddenly increase the throttle which makes me think that some serious knock may be occurring either from the lack of fuel, too much timing and the ECM is seriously retarding the timing. What does the KR table look like? Injector duty cycle? You may need to play with the timing to handle the 26lbs of boost. Start with the fuel first, most of the time the fuel issue will correct the KR issue. Also adjust the Power Enrichment, it will add the extra fuel when you suddenly press the gas peddle.

Potential Tuner
    the afrs are great, and its on 11 psi at max not 26, im still on waste gate and have it in the 11s on 14 degrees , thats very very safe for pump gas and 11 AFRs are very safe as well. the timing 0 outs when this issue happens, its not from knock. the HP tuners calculator is way off when it comes to converting kpa to psi. 170 KPA is 10.15 psi of boost.

Tuner in Training
    go to the engine diag /air flow /maf freq fail high .put in 0. Then go to max data air flow and put it to 33.4 in all the chart . try this it worked on my 2004 ave with 15psi boost.
    2004 avalanche z71 4x4 5.3 turbonetics t62 turbo ,z06 cam 4l80e.

1966 nova stock 5.3 ,t66 turbonetics turbo ,z06 cam,700r4 trans 3.73.

Try setting the torque settings while torque converter is locked back to stock