Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How many of you experienced code P1516?

Tuner
    I have ran into several times with boosted LS3's, and also with NW TB's in E38 ecms mostly. I didnt have a way to fix it with hpt but was able to fix it with another software and a third party program. It would be very nice if HPT would add the table in.

Tuner in Training
    I actually have a 2008 silverado 5.3 doing this with a stock tb....just did a DOD delete and thats all. Does it if power braked to WOT.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    I've responded with a solution to everyone with an E38/E67 who has contacted me.
    I just emailed support again. I set the positive and negative values to their max thresholds and flashed a write entire to the customers car. P1516 came back on during his drive home within 10 miles.

Justin Stephens
    2007 Z06

Here is a 2010 Camaro equipped with a 2.9L Whipple and a NW 102 DBW throttle body. After using the special beta build to eliminate the P1516 test, it does not go into reduced engine power anymore, but it is quite clear to see that the blade is closing on its own. Accelerator pedal is at 100%, and there is not torque management intervention. To me it is obviously a hardware issue in this case.

Attached Images Attached Images
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Tuning Addict
    Have you tried flipping the TB or is it even possible on that setup? The wide blade TB's do catch air like a plane wing and causes them to do that...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Not really possible to flip the throttle body back over on the Whipple setup.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

I've run into this before as well.... Some were fixed with a NEW gm TB. I'm afraid to try larger TBs assuming that

the push/pull on the blade would only make the problem happen more frequently. What can we do to fix it?

Thanks
    Chuck CoW
    Chuck Mosello - CORVETTE DOCTOR
    Corvettes of Westchester
    www.CORVETTES-OF-WESTCHESTER.com

Tuner
    I'm at 40% for positive and negative and still having the issue. How much higher should/can I go?

What is everyone else at?

Quote Originally Posted by SMEC View Post
    I'm at 40% for positive and negative and still having the issue. How much higher should/can I go?

What is everyone else at?
    Make sure you write entire every time you make a change to those values. If you already did, then try higher than 40.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    Make sure you write entire every time you make a change to those values. If you already did, then try higher than 40.
    Yes sir I have, going to go higher.

I was directed to this thread, im having issues with P2101 and P1516 after doing a LS3 (gold blade) throttle body swap (8 pin to 6 pin) on a LS4 car with a stock 78mm 8 pin "truck throttlebody". It's an 07 E67 ECU, and I have had several wiring diagrams thrown at me with regards to how to wire this thing, which ill attach pictures of. Currently I am using my 5volt ref and Low ref off the TPS1 signal circuit, according to what ive been able to pull up about the LS2 throttle body, HPT is showing the voltages being reversed at WOT. My P1516 and P2101 codes only occur after RELEASING from WOT. Part throttle functions normally, and you can hold WOT as long as you want, but as soon as you release, the throttle blade stutters coming back to a close, even when testing with KOEO. Ive tried two different brand new LS3 throttle bodies with little success on this. From the research that ive done, the P2101 shows a .3 second discrepancy in actual throttle position vs commanded, and P1516 is .5 seconds. I'm wonder is this a wiring issue i am experiencing or a tune issue?

Quote Originally Posted by avalanche View Post
    I actually have a 2008 silverado 5.3 doing this with a stock tb....just did a DOD delete and thats all. Does it if power braked to WOT.
    Do all of these issues people keep having seem to coincide after going WOT?

another question for you all, when you get the P1516 code are you getting P2101 as well?

P1516
    The indicated throttle position does not match the predicted throttle position for more than 0.5 second.
    P2101
    The indicated throttle position does not match the predicted throttle position for more than 0.3 second.
    P2119
    The ECM determines that the throttle blade did not return to the rest position within 720 milliseconds.
    P2176
    The difference between the predicted and the actual throttle position is more than a calibrated amount for more than 1.5 seconds.

Tuner in Training
    We have been having this issue on a procharged ls3 with a stock throttle body right after a wot pull it goes into reduced power and 1516 comes up.

Just wanted to let everyone know, I received a copy of the beta from support, changed the limits to 40% for P1516 and P2101 and the problem was solved!

Tuning Addict
    Which version of the beta are you all getting this in? I've opened up a couple of tunes in 3.1 and don't see any of these changeable limits? Is this like manifold volume and has to be requested?

Thanks
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Which version of the beta are you all getting this in? I've opened up a couple of tunes in 3.1 and don't see any of these changeable limits? Is this like manifold volume and has to be requested?

Thanks
    I had to send my tune file to them and they sent it back to me modified.

Tuner
    Hi,am having the same issue with 06 ls2 p38 controller, will log P2101 and p1516 at WOT only.
    This has only started to occur after fitting Otr to vehicle, maf is installed and not fouling on butterfly.
    On one occasion checking the throttle body with intake off the assembly seems dead, after a couple of key cycles it will come back to life carrying out self test and setting butterfly to start position.
    I have emailed support with tune file to hopefully get some assistance.
    Will keep on this thread for any news on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by tris909 View Post
    Hi,am having the same issue with 06 ls2 p38 controller, will log P2101 and p1516 at WOT only.
    This has only started to occur after fitting Otr to vehicle, maf is installed and not fouling on butterfly.
    On one occasion checking the throttle body with intake off the assembly seems dead, after a couple of key cycles it will come back to life carrying out self test and setting butterfly to start position.
    I have emailed support with tune file to hopefully get some assistance.
    Will keep on this thread for any news on this issue.
    If the throttle body itself is acting funny, i would either inspect the connector for faulty wiring (sometimes the copper can be broken inside the rubber insulator, or loose connections at the pin. Or replace the TB entirely.
    Last edited by Spawne32; 05-01-2016 at 11:13 PM.

Tuner
    Wiring seems fine, as well as pins/plug. I thought it may be a faulty throttle body, I will source one to try and see how I go.
    Thanks