Thread: Thermostat adjustments

Tuner in Training

Thermostat adjustments

Just curious what everyone is dropping there low, medium, and hi speed fan settings to with a 180 tstat. Vehicle is a '14 Jeep SRT. Thanks in advance.

My car is a 5.7 - 2013 Challenger RT - Auto 5 but I run a 180* and here is what I have:

2016-02-17_2242.png
    2013 Dodge Challenger RT Plus - Shaker

Advanced Tuner
    14 Jeep SRT uses PWM controlled fan.
    Found in System/Fans/Control by ECT/PWM desired ECT - just set it to desired temp depending on thermostat used.
    Low/med/high has no effect on these vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonHD View Post
    Just curious what everyone is dropping there low, medium, and hi speed fan settings to with a 180 tstat. Vehicle is a '14 Jeep SRT. Thanks in advance.

Tuner in Training
    Regardless of what I change, after a day or so, I still get a P0128 code. Is there something in the tune I'm missing, or do most just disable this in the DTC's?

Did you set the thermostat test to its highest temp and yes you can shut the code off

Tuner in Training
    Guess I'm not seeing where thermostat test is in the tune.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonHD View Post
    Since thermostat is suppose to open at 180?F, then you can set fans temperatures to 180?F.

But the engine will most likely run most efficient at a bit higher temperature tho. Finding what temperature is most efficient is going to take some time to figure out. But 190?-210?F is where I would target to have the temperature controlled.

Potential Tuner
    OP did you get it figured out?

Advanced Tuner
    fan tune is very complex

you must use native values and really, to get the most from it, the entire tune needs to be tweaked, not just the fan temps

i first adjust those to get the thing to run at 180

then i go thru the tune with a fine tooth comb - data logging in between every adjustment along the way
    [email protected]

don tanklage