Thread: Read entire on Lung Racing tune

Advanced Tuner

Read entire on Lung Racing tune

Hey guys,

So my plan was to use a CJ manifold set up from CFM using the twin 67mm and JLT intake. I messaged LTR who is a hour or so away to see if they price matched. They ended up not being able to beat the CFM deal but did give me a decent counter offer which included a Lund tune.

I wouldn't mind the Lund tune, I just don't want to not be able to tune my own car if I flash it on. If anything i'd use their tune as a base tune and work up from there. Can anyone confirm whether I would be able to pull the file ouT using a read entire or not?

lund always locks his files

Just set it up yourself, the new scanner is pretty good and it can be done and you will know the procedure thru and thru afterwards. Yes, you will cuss your car, hp and the world at times but once you start understanding it then it wont be a issue. Just trial and error over a couple months lol
    GOD HELP US ALL....

I don't know if they lock them or not, but you could datalog the car to see what's going on with the tune. It would at least tell you the fuel and cam timing they run at WOT( that's important, but not worth $400+ in my opinion) I kinda feel bad advising you on how to "borrow" this info. It is commonplace in the GM world but not so much in the Ford community. These guys did work hard to figure this stuff out, but there is also the whole "nothing to hide" side of the arugument, I don't want to get into it here. Tuning a big throttlebody will be tough, I guess you could you use data from the VMP 67mm (is this even known?) or the twinblade 65mm FRPP throttlebody to start out with. You will also have to dial in the MAF curve at the same time.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDMB View Post
    I don't know if they lock them or not, but you could datalog the car to see what's going on with the tune. It would at least tell you the fuel and cam timing they run at WOT( that's important, but not worth $400+ in my opinion) I kinda feel bad advising you on how to "borrow" this info. It is commonplace in the GM world but not so much in the Ford community. These guys did work hard to figure this stuff out, but there is also the whole "nothing to hide" side of the arugument, I don't want to get into it here. Tuning a big throttlebody will be tough, I guess you could you use data from the VMP 67mm (is this even known?) or the twinblade 65mm FRPP throttlebody to start out with. You will also have to dial in the MAF curve at the same time.
    Yeah I will prob make a separate thread on my CJ tuning set up. I have no problem sharing things I find through trial and error, thats the whole point of a forum. Im still in the planning part of things. The debate right now is whether I want to go with a 67mm throttle body, or save the cash and go with a stock gt500 one. From what I read on the SVT forums, the difference in whp is single digits at best between the 2.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDMB View Post
    bama is encrypting their files now like they are made of gold
    im sure lund is doing the same
    youll be able to log it but cant see the file itself

Quote Originally Posted by rshoe09 View Post
    bama is encrypting their files now like they are made of gold
    im sure lund is doing the same
    youll be able to log it but cant see the file itself
    wow, even bama has something to hide lol. Doubt they will be around too much longer...

Banned
    Lund does lock their files. And we will NOT unlock them under any means.