Thread: Possible to program a 1998 ls V8 to work with a 1998 3800

Tuner in Training

Possible to program a 1998 ls V8 to work with a 1998 3800

Looking to get more table? Is it worth it?

Why would you need more tables?

The 3800 PCM is so simple, it barely needs any changes to run whatever you want on it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    I can only imagine that the trouble you would have to go through with the different o2 configuration, reluctor & crank setup as well as other sensors needing to be added just to give those V8 PCM tables actual functionality again might be enough to drive a man insane. But honestly, yes - it just may be physically possible in the end. We just STRONGLY recomend against it because no - it really wouldn't be worth it. Instead go for a cheap used junkyard PCM or two if they're cheap enough and call it a day.
    Last edited by Dr. Nopps; 02-17-2016 at 09:02 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Thats the problem, its too simple and I need more tuneablility.Really would like to run speed densityand get rid of the maf all together and run a 3.5 or 4 bar map. Going to take the N* maf off and install a lt1 with a 3 inch opening and see if it more stable. But seriously looking at a Holley Dominator efi to control the engine and trans. and be done with it.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks yes Ive decided against trying to make the ls pcm work. But was told that you could down load the bin from a v6 pcm into the v8 and it would work. Not sure but like I said in the last post if I cant get the stability there with another maf Im going to a stand alone with Speed density and im done.