Thread: 98 3800 Fbody PCM -Unstable idle

Tuner in Training

98 3800 Fbody PCM -Unstable idle

Just looking for some good pointers.Turboed,I run a n* TB. I Maf tuned and the car runs good,Idles good. Maybe 2% off of desired AFR.

Problem. I rev it up to 3000 rpm or more and the car has a hard time rebounding unless I have the Throttlebody set screw opened up pretty good. But then gives me a real high idle. which is not wanted. The tables on a 98 Are a joke I know. But I want the cable not drive by wire. No way to control the iac ramp. What can be done. ???

Thanks!!

Can you run a stock L36/L67 throttle body??

They have less issues than a northstar throttle body that really touchy.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I run a N* MAF also. Why they so touchy ,so its normal? might be able to switch to a l67. was thinking of a ls1 wouldnt this work? Thankyou

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    Please post your tune. I can't view it myself, (laptop crashed) but if we can see the tables you're working with we might be able to describe some tricks that have been used on them in the past, or give you a better picture of what to expect down the road.

Tuner in Training
    Move the Maf sensor from before the turbo to the up pipe and problem solved. Learned something new.