Thread: disabling passlock II 3.4L 3400 v6

Tuner in Training

disabling passlock II 3.4L 3400 v6

I have a complete 2001 grand am with a 3.4L I am looking to use the motor and harness in it for a swap in a different vehicle.

I would need to disable the antitheft and remove certain emmisions, I will also have an older rwd transmission with an adapter so I don't need any transmission control. just wondering if hptuners is able to do this.

with the chevy v8 LSX I was able to use the engine, harness, pcm without any emissions, no bcm and no antitheft and it works perfectly fine.

If I can do the same with the 3.4 then the swap should be a piece of cake.

ive seen the writeup about setting the vats to pwm and turning off certain related dtc's, hptuners say its supposed to work but anybody who has replied to that thread says otherwise.

thanks in advance.

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    You should have no problems at all disabling 1) Torque Management. 2) Differential Score, Transmission Abuse, Engine Abuse, and Traction Control Modes. 3) Antitheft, Emissions, and Transmission routines & fault codes. I've personally disabled antitheft on that exact PCM rather easily and have found upon further review, most of the people having trouble doing this seem to have simply not followed the directions exactly to the tee.

Advanced Tuner
    Do you risk damage to the differential if you disable the differential score torque reduction?

What exactly does this parameter do - just limit torque under certain situations that may be harmful to the differential? Any idea what those "situations" would be?

I never really understood that parameter - just trying to get a better understanding of what it really impacts.

Thanks.