Thread: I ran a dynojet simulator today

I ran a dynojet simulator today

Someone suggested I should see how lean I could go on E47 fuel with as much timing as possible. So I did. I stopped at .95lambda logging 30* of WOT timing(This is a NA 2.2L) with zero KR. Then I readjusted and hit a little shy(.895) of my usual .88 lambda. For kicks I threw these in a dynojet simulator to see how close they came out. I don't know if anyone can use this information but I figured I'd put it out there for kicks. The red line is my normal-ish AFR and the blue line is the super lean mix. I love how flexible ethanol is.

2008 Pontiac G5 2.2L (main oil seal became a crunchy Autumn leaf, RIP)
    2016 Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost - Project "not-so-detestable"

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    good evidence you got there.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    There is a lot more that goes into tuning other then KR. For instance, what were EGT temps during your tests? Are you sure KR was being logged correctly? What power were you running when doing this test? What was the setup? Did the car actually run that Lambda or did you just command it and it's possible the car was running a different one? What were outside temps?

I'm glad it worked out for you, but be cautious in just throwing mixtures out there and timing at it. You can do that, but you should be comparing everything you can and do everything you can go try and learn from it and see what variables are changing. Best way to learn in my opinion is to try it out by testing it. I came up with a lot of stuff by personally testing it. Just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM173 View Post
    There is a lot more that goes into tuning other then KR. For instance, what were EGT temps during your tests? Are you sure KR was being logged correctly? What power were you running when doing this test? What was the setup? Did the car actually run that Lambda or did you just command it and it's possible the car was running a different one? What were outside temps?

I'm glad it worked out for you, but be cautious in just throwing mixtures out there and timing at it. You can do that, but you should be comparing everything you can and do everything you can go try and learn from it and see what variables are changing. Best way to learn in my opinion is to try it out by testing it. I came up with a lot of stuff by personally testing it. Just my thoughts.
    Hey, no worries here. This is in a NA setup I had already tuned to my liking. It eats up all the V8 trucks and a couple mustangs. All I did was change stoich and raise the spark a bit out of curiosity. Then swapped back when I was satisfied. If this were a boosted car I would be more worried but this setup is more forgiving.
    2008 Pontiac G5 2.2L (main oil seal became a crunchy Autumn leaf, RIP)
    2016 Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost - Project "not-so-detestable"

Advanced Tuner
    I find that Virtual Dyno tends to produce LOWER horsepower output at upper RPMs than the actual Dynojet. I attribute this to their attempt to try to take drag loss into account, but not perfectly accurate. Makes sense that your car would struggle more at 110mph on the street than it would at 110mph standing still on a dyno with no wind resistance.