Thread: FAST dual wideband help V3.0

Potential Tuner

FAST dual wideband help V3.0

OK guys newbie here. I've spent the last few hours trying to get my fast dual wideband to link up with my HP Tuners pro. I've read about 5 different post all
    relating to the FAST wideband and read the "How to interface your wideband with V3.0" about 20 times and sat in the car trying different parameters to get a reading with no luck
    Now I've noticed in V3.0 that there are predefined sensors and the FAST is not one of them. I did the add channel> MPVI 1>transform, put in the info I acquired from an older post regarding the voltage offsets but when I click the "<click or insert to change>" to add a parameter I do not know what to set it as.
    Am I stuck waiting for an update to get this wideband to work out or am I better off selling it and getting a different wideband. I can get my hands on an Innovate DLG-1 but I don't want to run into the same issues. The only thing that got me somewhat in the ballpark was setting the parameter to " Lambda -> AFR (14.7) Gasoline but it was still off by a decent amount and continued reading an AFR from somewhere with the MPVI 1 disconnected.
    Does anyone know what I can do to use the FAST or should I just abandon ship and get one that is on the list? I'm also still very new to all this and to the HP program but I'm catching on fairly quickly. Any insight would be very greatly appreciated

Potential Tuner
    Figured it out I think. E.S.O moment. Found one of the predefined units that was very close to the FAST and then just changed the offsets in the user defined section. That coupled with my readings being off due to not selecting high res mode and putting it in dual sensor average sensors mode. Reads spot on in singe sensor mode and in dual read individually mode.

Tuner in Training
    what settings did you use i have the same problem?
    98 trans am stock 5.3,3 bar sd, 98 pcm swaped for 99+ 411 pcm, ls6 cam, ls6 intake, procharged d-1 3.7 pulley 12 psi now! twin intercooled stock bypass and 40 mm blow off,long tube ss 1 3/4 headers 3 inch cat back lol, siemens deka 110324 80# injectors, 40 psi afpr -8 feed -6 return dual walbro pumps ,4l80e trans, ford 9inch 3.25 gears, prostars M\T et streets 28 inch, soon to have meth

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by STLWS6 View Post
    what settings did you use i have the same problem?
    Sorry was at work and couldn't reply right away. Follow http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...PRO-Interface) . When you go into used defined select NGK-AFRM and in the function part put in 0.3597 in the input and 9.6 in the + blank. On the wideband itself go into ADVANCED OPTIONS, yes to ANALOG OUTPUT mode, no to simple mode, yes to HIGH RES mode. when it goes to SINGLE SENSOR and DUAL SESNOR mode you can select either however ive noticed in dual sensor AVERAGE mode the readings are off by +/- a full point. In READ INDIVIDUALLY they seem to be very very close. +/- a decimal. In single sensor mode its about the same as read individually. In the channels column of the scanner is where I did my comparison. ON the gauges tab its the same however if you do a graph it seems to be off a little bit.
    Hope this helps. I'm still very new to HP Tuners and tuning in general so I'm glad to help since this forum has helped me a ton already. Also if anyone has found a better way please chime in.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you that did the trick!!!!