Thread: throttle only opening 38% please help

Tuner

throttle only opening 38% please help

can I get someone to look at this tune and maybe help explain why my tps only shows 38%. a little about the truck 2010 silverado orignal came with the 4.8 now has 6.0 ls2 with ls3 heads, lsa cam (for twin turbos in future), shorty 1 7/8 headers 4 in exhaust, 60 lb injectors, slp fabricated intake, cai. 3.73 rear gears 4l70 trans. truck weighted in at 6400 lbs and ran a 15.033 at 97 mph with a rt of .024. here ia a copy of the tune and log of pass. any help would be greatly apreciated.

track 3.hpltrack3.hpt

Tuner
    I think i might have found the cause but don't know the fix or how to log.I think the ECM was using MAP B in the ETC desired area. When I made the pass I had the tow/haul button depressed to put the transmission into performance mode, not sure if this tells the ECM to used the MAP B or not but that is the only place that I see where the pedal can be at 100% and the ETC at 45% or below. If someone can chime in and let me know at least how to log such an event as I don't see in the new scanner. thank you

Tuning Addict
    Can't open the tune. Setup in Remote Tuning Network...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner
    not sure how to do such I see where just don't know what numbers to enter.

Got you PM but open file and then go to Edit>Calibration Details>Remote Tuning. Make sure and clear master/slave (button). Also go to Controllers and make sure the Security Key says (unlocked). If locked, double click like it says to unlock.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner
    OK thank you Ed will do and try and repost tune at my next break

Tuner

unlocked tune

ok here is the tune again hopefully people can see please let me know if this does not work thank you

track3.hpttrack 3.hpl

Tuner
    Anyone have a clue what to look at? PLEASE !!!!! I will be going back to the track this weekend and trying again and would really like to know what to look at to get WOT.

Tuner in Training
    Did you check and see if the throttle body is actually opening only 38%? With the car off, and the key on - press the pedal all the way down and see if its going to 100%. My LS2 E40 corvette only shows 88% when its wide open. This is normal for it though.

Tuner
    Yes I can drive down hwy and stomp it and will give 99%. I have visually looks at it with engine off and opened 90 degrees