Thread: drag race 6l80e trans tune

drag race 6l80e trans tune

I plan on going up to the track in the spring time,, working on the trans tune in sport mode the 1-2 2-3 shifts are good but I keep turning up the pressures ,lowering the shift times for 3-4 and 4-5 but huge changes don't net hard hits on the shifts,, what pressures are you running on the 3-4 4-5 shifts and shift times ,,also I cured the 3-4 shift flares by going into the engine tune and added 1.15 %to the air mass table advised by other forums huge difference there ,, motors pretty much stock (cat back and cold air ) might put the nos on it ,, any input would be great ,, thanks gmonde

Have you adjusted the on-coming shift pressure yet??

Not the regular shift pressure for like the "X" pattern.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

no,, I did purchase the tuning school trans manual and follow the guide lines ,, it made a big difference in the , I will take a look at that table

If you do adjust them, start with a small change. I drive a heavy 5,500lbs truck so things are a little different for me and how fast it can before it becomes too harsh.

I have only adjusted the 1-2, 2-3 and 3-4 on-coming shift pressure tables because I'll never reach 5th gear at WOT in this pig. They should be setup like 0, 1, 2 and each will have a number in PSI in the box. I started low and did 5-10% changes and then just randomly added to them to get the feel right. Like my 1-2 shift on "0" was 11 psi, I went to 14-15 and up to 18 currently, then "1" was 25-30ish or so and now it's up around 40-50psi.

Make sure you do the "reset" -- "preset" after the flash the new file. Just start the scanner with the car off, do that in the vcm controls and then start the car. It might buck a little bit right away on the first 10-20 shifts but it does settle down as it adjusts on it own, it does it for me most the times I change things.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

so I have to ask,, describe the function of the oncoming pressure reset ,, I see there are 3 levels and the pressures are lower ,, does it work with the base pressure ?

heres where they are now,, I haven't changed this table this is for the 2-3
    0 26.106793901511
    1 44.9617006081578
    2 63.8166073148046

Tuner
    i would set up pattern X for regular driving and pattern Y for more pressure and less shift time
    Josh Performance Tuning (956)784-0059
    https://www.facebook.com/joshperformancetuning

Quote Originally Posted by Joshtuning View Post
    i would set up pattern X for regular driving and pattern Y for more pressure and less shift time
    that's what I have set up,, looking to have a drag race set up for the sport mode

Advanced Tuner
    If you don't know much what you are doing with the A6 do not try large steps with it. A lot of guys go wrong and toast them. I have been doing the A6 Trans calibrations for about 6 years now and have got them to hold 600-800HP and survive at the track.
    https://www.facebook.com/tuningbyshanehinds
    [email protected]
    2009 G8 GT [email protected] 1.60 - Sold
    2008 A6 LS3 C6 Cammed [email protected] 1.44 Sold
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0

Quote Originally Posted by 04blackgmc View Post
    If you don't know much what you are doing with the A6 do not try large steps with it. A lot of guys go wrong and toast them. I have been doing the A6 Trans calibrations for about 6 years now and have got them to hold 600-800HP and survive at the track.
    yes, you are spot on with how I am approaching it ,, I have been making small adjustments and I am real close to being happy with the trans tune , no more flares ,nice firm shifts in normal and feeling the sport mode shifts a little harder and faster but not over the top,, its a few months before the track opens up and doing some partial full throttle pulls to at least shifting into 4th