Thread: Some questions on tuning

Tuner

Some questions on tuning

Hello there

I have three questions :

1: What is MBT spark ??
    2: How to know the limited of spark advance ??
    3: How to disable autoshift in 2010 charger rt ??

^_^

MBT - Not sure what it stands for but I do know that this table and the WOT Spark need to match or the car will take the lower of the two values.
    Suggested meanings: Monkey Boy Tuning? Minimum <mumble mumble> Timing? I don't know
    2013 Dodge Challenger RT Plus - Shaker

Tuner in Training
    Mean Best Timing

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo2.0 View Post
    Mean Best Timing
    Close.

MBT Spark = Maximum Brake Torque Spark.

It is essentially the least amount of timing required to achieve maximum brake torque.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    Close.

MBT Spark = Maximum Brake Torque Spark.

It is essentially the least amount of timing required to achieve maximum brake torque.
    This is correct.
    2006 Evo 9 2.2L 8374EFR E85 720awhp - ViPEC
    2014 SRT GC - 6.4L Magnuson TVS2300 6psi 550awhp - HPTuners

Senior Tuner
    In practice, the MBT table will be the MAX spark allowed, no matter what you command in the WOT timing tables. In general, I have almost never seen a need to up these values, so leave these alone. Only time to visit them is if you notice your spark being maxed out and lower than your commanded PT or WOT tables, then take a look in the MBT and you may have to up the amounts.

Disable autoshift question - you mean when in autoSTICK you don't want it to shift?

Potential Tuner
    MBT: Mean Best Torque

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    In practice, the MBT table will be the MAX spark allowed, no matter what you command in the WOT timing tables. In general, I have almost never seen a need to up these values, so leave these alone. Only time to visit them is if you notice your spark being maxed out and lower than your commanded PT or WOT tables, then take a look in the MBT and you may have to up the amounts.

Disable autoshift question - you mean when in autoSTICK you don't want it to shift?
    Yes ,, the other thing i know the autoshift based on abs for 2008 and up , that make a car strong traction control and difficult to disable

Any idea to full disable abs ?? I know some tuner have a experience of how to disable it and i want to know, beacuse i have jeep srt8 2008 and on dyno i cant run it

MBT = Maximum Brake Torque

MBT varies with load and speed. If timing is set so that peak pressure is at a point where the engine can best take advantage of it mechanically, this is where Maximum Brake Torque occurs. Normally around 8-16 degrees ATDC.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP