Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HOW TO: Setup Wideband / External sensor in VCM Scanner V3 (With PRO Interface)

That's where I was going next.. I wanted see if the basic input was working right first..

If it is working there then you still have to actually USE it somewhere, it doesn't just get put into use automatically

The Transforms->Oxygen Sensors->Air/FuelRatio are all setup as Sensor.AirFuelRatio,

So, if you're using a default layout that references AFR, everything should work, or, just map your gauge/chart to air/fuel ratio

We provide 3 sets of default layouts, based on your fuel measuring device (millivolts, lambda, air/fuel ratio), and for each of those, we provide 2 airflow layouts (map, and g/cyl)
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Defaults are no fun
    Last edited by schpenxel; 02-17-2016 at 08:23 AM.

Tuner
    Im super excited, I finally got my ARF%error to log correctly. you have to use the used defined Math in the parameter with the correct formula. the formula must contain the sensor from the MPVI that has been transformed.
    The canned formula when selecting AFRerror from their list is not going to read the AFR correctly.
    I just confirmed this on my car. I was getting a error reported that was significantly wrong.
    now...all is good.
    I can now start logging MAF AFR and VE AFR to tune my car.

That's why I just use Lambda. So much less thinking

Yes, if you can, use lambda.. lambda is MUCH better than Air/Fuel ratio.

See this: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...%29-Discussion

Tuner in Training
    I'm challenged in getting two WB to plot. I have read in this thread that V3 will average the two WB readings - yes, I can confirm this. It will average the wideband coming in over the canbus with MVPI WB. I have a AEM 30-0300 DM (Dr. Mike) which I attempted to chart the CANBUS and analog to see response time delta - no dice.

my question is, when configuring a MVPI input following the post 2 instructions, why must I pick a parameter in the transform section? In my case, the 30-0300 outputs in Lambda where it equals (0.1621*V)+0.4990. Now, with having to pick a parameter, when I do that, for example NGK -AFX, and I answer "no, I know what I'm doing", does that overwrite the default transform for that parameter which is ultimately picked up in the chart?

For parameter, try picking "WB EQ RATIO Bank 1" for one of them and "WB EQ RATIO Bank 2" for the other. Then use those two parameters in charts/graphs and see if that works in separating them out as separate signals

Tuner in Training
    more confusion. The canbus WB is on ECU 7e7, not mvpi - in channel add, there is not right click, it comes up as WB EQ Ratio 1 (SAE) in the channel, and works perfect. then add channel, > user defined> mvpi Pro> MVPI 1> Transform > user defined > define in function> parameter (opens new modal)> specific parameters>engine>fuel>open &closed loop>oxygen sensors - the only WB choice I have is "WB EQ ratio 1 SAE" which is the verbiage as the canbus WB.

Now, If I don't click the gear, I have many more options. So, for kicks, I selected WB EQ 2 in the transform. In the channels, it had data as did eq 1. In the chart, EQ2 would not show data, eq1 did show mostly eq2 with occasional Eq1.

This is clearly a WB MVPI issue. I chart fuel pressure with MVPI 2 perfect.

I think at this time I'm gonna bail on this as I really need one WB reading for my work.

FWIW, I'm on a 2009 E38

That is strange that data would show up in channels but not for the chart. Weird.

If it doesn't show up in chart, you're likely not plotting the correct parameter or sensor.

If you want to post the log I can try and see if it works for me....

Tuner in Training
    schpenxel, thank you for the offer. If I can make some time in the next couple days, I get it resolved or have log file looking for help.

I would like to understand the MVPI process /channel definition better. As I see it, when you add channels, they are ECM/TCM/ 2nd ecm (Dr.Mike) which are native PID or parameters. When adding mvpi or serial, you need to transform where you define the input with an algorithm. Once the transform is done, then you select an existing PID (parameter) and replace it's value with your transformed value. Then when charting, you select that Parameter(PID).

Am I close? Is there some documentation that I missed explaining the process flow in detail (and what happens in the background)?

Thank you for your patience.

Tuner in Training
    FWIW, here is a vid - shows the two WB channels interacting. Please let me know if I'm setting it up incorrect.

https://youtu.be/IiiJ5wv1ilk

Quote Originally Posted by jcmg8 View Post
    FWIW, here is a vid - shows the two WB channels interacting. Please let me know if I'm setting it up incorrect.

https://youtu.be/IiiJ5wv1ilk
    PM answered...To Transform a User Defined you go into the Transform list and select an Oxygen Sensor from the Air/Fuel or Equivalence Ration tab. Once you click on a comparable sensor (doesn't matter because you are going to change the transform equation anyways) the "Fx" icon on the top command line will illuminate. This is the button to transfer this WB information to the User Defined section. Make you changes and select a parameter (i.e WB EQ Ratio 1) and click OK. You have now set that parameter to the User Defined WB and it can be used in the chart and Graphs as needed. Here is a quick video...

https://youtu.be/3TQdrTMnljI

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 02-28-2016 at 12:51 AM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

I like the copy to user defined button. Is that new or have I just always missed it?

Tuner in Training
    Following Ed's instruction - working now. Thank you!

For those of you with an NTK AFRM...... i took about an hour to brush up on my algebra and this is what I got for my V3.0 user defined transform to report lambda betwe 0.62 and 1.37

(Input/5.291) + 0.5255 = Output (in lambda)
    Last edited by wetcoast; 04-04-2016 at 04:59 PM.

Is there anyone who could provide a step by step guide to setup and log using a FAST Dual wideband logging both left and right banks?

How does the output work on it? Just two 0-5V outputs?