Thread: Question regarding 2015/2016 Mustang GTs

Tuner

Question regarding 2015/2016 Mustang GTs

What is the process to get a proper HPT read of a 2015/2016 GT everytime? They don't have a physical key and the two times I got HPT to connect and actually start reading was more by luck then process. Looking for the steps in car to get it to connect and read every time. Tried reading a third vehicle, a 2016 Roush RS3, with v3.0 and it wouldn't even connect no matter what sequence we tried of brake/accessory position/etc.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm assuming this is because of the push button start?

On my Buick I have to press the push button with out holding the brakes to go in "ACC", form here you can read the vehicle. I'm assuming its the same for the Mustang.

Push button once, click read, wait.

Tuner
    Yep did that multiple times in the 2015 and the 2016 and most of the time it couldn't connect then all of a sudden it did. On the 2016 Roush it never connected. Took my HPT straight to my 2010 and it connected immediately.

Tuner in Training
    Make sure there is nothing aftermarket tapped into the CAN. I've had to remove the radio fuse on a few 11-14 5.0's that had aftermarket head units. Should only need to push the start button without pushing the brake and read it, like mentioned above. 15-16 Roush files will not open in HP either.

Kev

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin@JPCRacing View Post
    Make sure there is nothing aftermarket tapped into the CAN. I've had to remove the radio fuse on a few 11-14 5.0's that had aftermarket head units. Should only need to push the start button without pushing the brake and read it, like mentioned above. 15-16 Roush files will not open in HP either.

Kev
    Thank you Kevin and