Thread: Could someone check out my trans tune I'm not so sure about it

Tuner in Training

Could someone check out my trans tune I'm not so sure about it

Hey everyone the car is a 14 ss bone stock with a vararam, I had a remote tune done but I'm not so sure on it. The tuner changed a lot of stuff that I dont think needed to be changed since the car is stock. I tuned my last car wich was a 04 gto m6 with a small cam and i figured this time I would pay someone to dial the ss in since its an auto and there is a bunch more stuff to tweak. The main thing I dont like is the power downshifts, they are to aggressive and the car just doesn't feel crisp it feels more clunky. Wot shifts are pretty good I'm just not sure on the overall tune since things like engine torque management looks to be disabled and like dynamic airflow was disabled just to name a few so I dont have confidence in the tune. I didn't contact the tuner again since I don't fee like this is good tune or maybe I'm just inexperienced. This is the main tune I was sent but I did end up changing a few things and ultimately went back to stock tune with just fueling and timing changes.
    Attached Files Attached Files

If it's bone stock it's stupid to disable the cars ability to use the VVE, that's poor tuning to me.

I would put that back to stock and same with the MAF table if he changed that. (I don't have a stock file to compare with)

Looks like perhaps he upped the line pressure alot and made the shifts quicker. Some of the shifts are too fast and over doing the line pressure will lead to clunky gear changes. I only adjust the actual line pressure by maybe 5-10% at the most and instead change the shift speed and oncoming pressures to make it nice and chrisp.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    When I felt the throttle response go downhill and found out he disable ve I really didnt trust the tune, but heres the stock file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I didn't realize how quickly the car transmissions shifted from the factory, the shift speeds itself might be okay. He did change the shift pressures just slightly and also added shift torque factor adder, never seen that adjust before.

Also did you change tire size at all??

I see that the are changes to the rev/mile under the speedo tab, that changes a ton of stuff for shift speeds by rpm/gear if he used the auto scale feature.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    No tire size is stock.