Thread: 4.6 3v procharged lean tip in

4.6 3v procharged lean tip in

I have the maf in check w a hpx sensor. This wa a problem before the sensor swap btw. It has a second of of going lean if you tip in to part throttle.
    If its the transit fuel table the do you adjust to higher values or lower?if not those tables what to start with to correct the problem?
    GOD HELP US ALL....

Anyone?
    GOD HELP US ALL....

Advanced Tuner
    Not 100% sure I understand what you are asking. Are you going lean on part throttle but not WOT, like during daily driving and you give it throttle blips or does it go lean when you go from part throttle to WOT?

Lean from cruising to maybe 30% throttle, wot is perfect. Theres maybe a .1 sec of lean when i go to wot so im good there but from cruise to part goes to 16-17afr for up to 2 secs
    GOD HELP US ALL....

Dial in lwfm tables first, make sure anticipation logic is on. If the problem is still there then kick up the transient accel.

So leave the cyl anticipation on? I just had the filter on. I populated lwfm w histogram so i hope its accurate, i just never turned the anticipation logic on, does it use the lwfm only or all of speed density values?
    GOD HELP US ALL....

Senior Tuner
    Also try raising your manifold volume value. Especially if it's a draw though setup.

Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    Also try raising your manifold volume value. Especially if it's a draw though setup.
    Its a blow thru setup, i raised it slightly. I thought the maf was off but adding to the area in the maf didnt seem to change it.
    GOD HELP US ALL....

Quote Originally Posted by kaineoutlaw View Post
    So leave the cyl anticipation on? I just had the filter on. I populated lwfm w histogram so i hope its accurate, i just never turned the anticipation logic on, does it use the lwfm only or all of speed density values?

yes, leave anticipation logic on. not sure if it uses all the speed density values, never had to touch those, except for the normal stuff for boost. lwfm is used mainly in tip in and out situations, and if the maf fails. if imrcs are gone make both tables the same. I haven't checked the scanner lately to see if anything new was added for the oak processors. but log tp relative, load and rpm go for a ride through diff. situations in traffic and parking lots and such build a histogram and populate, or add about 20% to the table till its gone. I have rarely had to touch the transients if everything else is good

I will give that a shot, the new copperhead cars are so much easier to get af right, but thats about all they are easy to get right!
    Thanks for the info, ill let ya know the results
    GOD HELP US ALL....

Tuner in Training
    post the tune.... i got my 5.4 procharged on LPG and water meth dialed in so im pretty familiar with the procharged setup

Advanced Tuner
    what was stated before was backwards

you need to REDUCE the manifold volume scalar to give it MORE pump shot on tip-in.

The manifold volume scalar has absolutely nothing at all to do with the size of the actual intake manifold and modifying it for an intake manifold change is a very common mistake made by amateur ford tuners that read the title and mistakenly assume it has something to do with the manifold volume. Its a global transient fuel puddle modifier and is used mostly for tip-out fueling delay but has a significant effect on tip-in fueling.

First go divide it by 4 to get started and then dial it in from there.
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/

Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    what was stated before was backwards

you need to REDUCE the manifold volume scalar to give it MORE pump shot on tip-in.

The manifold volume scalar has absolutely nothing at all to do with the size of the actual intake manifold and modifying it for an intake manifold change is a very common mistake made by amateur ford tuners that read the title and mistakenly assume it has something to do with the manifold volume. Its a global transient fuel puddle modifier and is used mostly for tip-out fueling delay but has a significant effect on tip-in fueling.

First go divide it by 4 to get started and then dial it in from there.
    WELL SHIT!!! I made this mistake but engine isnt in the car yet and stock tune got "misplaced" by my last hackjob tooner. where should i put this back to start ?

Advanced Tuner
    What year car?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    post file
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

2007 mustang gt, 4.6 3v stroked, ported, gen3 vmp ported on big boost. engine is out now so the file i have built for the car hasnt been run yet

Advanced Tuner
    On my 06 the stock manifold volume is 10.9. Running a ported whipple I have it set at 3.0 and it seems to work.
    Last edited by B E N; 06-09-2021 at 10:08 PM.