Thread: Help with 00 silverado GM tune in 53 chevy truck.

Help with 00 silverado GM tune in 53 chevy truck.

I have built a 1953 Chevy truck with a complete drive train from a 2000 silverado 5.3 and 4l60e. The Harness was sent to ls performance to be cut down and a tune was done based on the engine specs and cam along with the trans and all the stuff being taken off. The truck is stupid rich at idle, Dies in gear, wont hardly stay running when you let off throttle..

What would anyone need to help with this.

i think it is just a texas speed 226 cam with springs and pushrods, Shorty headers, 4:10 gears. They deleted all the park nuetral stuff, Egr, Ac, all that factory stuff..

Thanks in advance

Tuner in Training
    did you verify what injectors you have on the engine and tell them when they did the tune?

Factory injectors as there was no need to modify. They did not change any of that.

You can't just guess at a tune when you swap camshafts.

Sounds like this whole motor needs a re-tune starting with idle, then moving to VE and MAF tuning. Once those are done it should run a drive really nice. This can be done on a dyno or on the street.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Yes I know it needs retuned and I know you can't yes at a tune. This company has done this for years and I expected it to at least idle without running you out of the shop and at least run enough when you put it in gear to be able to get it loaded on a trailer and to alignment shop.

Senior Tuner
    If you don't have the ability to post at least the tune file then you are just wasting your time here.

I have the capability to upload the tune. I did not say that I couldn't do that? I just have not been back to my shop since I posted this to get on my laptop there to upload the tune here. I will get it uploaded as soon as I get back out there. Thanks for the help so far guys. Appreciate it.