Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Torque and Inverse Torque tuning discussion

Tuner in Training
    It won't affect part throttle cruising as much as you think, basically it puts the turbo control back into the driver's foot. Actual tip on this setup is 17.8. The airload is about 1.4. Car doesn't have a mass airflow sensor.

I know we have a speed density system, but there's a PID called Turbo Mass Flow.

Tuner in Training
    Turbo mass flow when the throttle first closes is 35 lb.

Stock should see about 38-39 #/min max. I was seeing 42.6 #/min when tweaking the torque tables. But I have the same issue as you - running into that desired torque limit. I also have a problem with reaching a limit on Desired TIP. I suppose I could force it with raising the min desired TIP, but I feel the right way might be to raise that desired torque limit and increase driver demand?
    Last edited by metroplex; 07-01-2016 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nissmotion View Post
    9690 - appears as 4881 in my calibration. Trans-->Auto Shift Speed----Shift Map base. Works fine on my setup. Just remember it's output shaft rpm, not engine rpm.
    Even the stock OSS settings don't match up with the actual WOT shift RPM. 9690 is found in the other EcoBoost OS's but not in the SHO. I have the feeling that this table controls the actual WOT shift engine speed, whereas 4881 is the shift schedule based on output shaft speed. Again, the stock OSS's don't match up with the actual engine RPM for the shifts at WOT.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    It was the pedal map ratio table I was thinking of. OSS rpm vs pedal%.
    Am I right to assume that this table is a multiplier for the base torque table in the auto's and values less than 1.00 are a reduction in demanded torque??