Thread: Torque management mode, idle and closed throttle

Advanced Tuner

Torque management mode, idle and closed throttle

While reviewing my logs, I notice that sometimes when I let off of the throttle, the Immediate Eng Tq Src and/or Predicted Engine Tq Src parameters will go to "Idle" and other times they will go into "Axle" mode.

Obviously, when they go to Idle, the RPMS fall down to idle speeds but when they go to Axle, the RPMS rise up.

I guess I'm just trying to understand why closed-throttle situations sometimes go to Axle instead of Idle. What dictates which toque management mode it goes into while in closed throttle?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    what dictates which toque management mode it goes into while in closed throttle?

Thanks!
    ecm

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks - I know that the ECM controls this, but what I meant is what *conditions* determine whether it goes into Idle or Axle TM mode when the throttle is closed? Basically, I'm trying to understand why it wouldn't always go into Idle mode during closed throttle - what sensors or whatever determine if it goes into Idle and when it goes into Axle. Is it based on RPM or something?

Thanks again for the response.

Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    Thanks - I know that the ECM controls this, but what I meant is what *conditions* determine whether it goes into Idle or Axle TM mode when the throttle is closed? Basically, I'm trying to understand why it wouldn't always go into Idle mode during closed throttle - what sensors or whatever determine if it goes into Idle and when it goes into Axle. Is it based on RPM or something?

Thanks again for the response.
    i was just kidding around, I know what you meant. ;-)

honestly, I am not sure, I think there are probably quite a few variables involved. If the car is driving smooth and if you weren't logging it you would feel like driveability is good, it's one of those things I wouldn't go crazy over.

Advanced Tuner
    Actually, the reason that I mentioned it is becuase it does bother me - which is why I started reviewing logs to see what was different when it happens. It's not a big deal though, was just kind of curious. It might just be me, but I swear it does it more after flashing the car and then slowing goes away, almost like it's "learning" something...