Thread: Smartfire injector 60# Data??

Smartfire injector 60# Data??

I have a customer that we are trying to do some tuning for with a set of Smartfire 60# injectors installed and cannot seem to get them to idle / tip in correctly, we have tried many different injector values for other 60# setups and nothing seems to be doing the trick. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Owner/Tuner Street Performance Syndicate

06 GTO: D1SC , Full Suspension, 23X .6xx lift Ed Curtis Cam, Mast Heads, Gforce 9" 4.11 Gears, Holley High Rise, Stage 12 Fuel System, Boost By Gear

01 Duramax: Blown Tranny (again) BWs467 Turbo, Head Studs, Exergy Injectors, Lift Pump, Moonshine
    2014 Taurus SHO: (Wife's Car) OR DPs, Tuned, CAI
    2006 TBSS; AWD SLP Catback, K&N CAI, Tuned

do yourself (and your customer) a favor and throw them away. get something else. the few sets I've seen were so inconsistent there's no way you'll ever get them to work well.

He will not be pleased, lol. they are not tuning out well at all though. Lol

Owner/Tuner Street Performance Syndicate

06 GTO: D1SC , Full Suspension, 23X .6xx lift Ed Curtis Cam, Mast Heads, Gforce 9" 4.11 Gears, Holley High Rise, Stage 12 Fuel System, Boost By Gear

01 Duramax: Blown Tranny (again) BWs467 Turbo, Head Studs, Exergy Injectors, Lift Pump, Moonshine
    2014 Taurus SHO: (Wife's Car) OR DPs, Tuned, CAI
    2006 TBSS; AWD SLP Catback, K&N CAI, Tuned

Quote Originally Posted by tommytuner View Post
    do yourself (and your customer) a favor and throw them away. get something else. the few sets I've seen were so inconsistent there's no way you'll ever get them to work well.
    Same thing I was going to say!!! I had a customer that was hard headed and went through 3 engines due to these cheap injectors. Needless to say he could have bought 3-4 sets of Injector Dynamics injectors for what he spent in repairs for the engine!

With that said I have an Injector LIST that I will not touch. Meaning the car comes in it better not have those in it or it wont be getting tuned. Smartfire are at the top of that list next to the Racetronix/Lucas injectors.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

You all said what I was afraid to say......There are better alternatives out there Siemens Deka, FIC to name a few. Even Deatschwerks would be a better choice. Too many horror stories and its not just about running crappy.....its about grenading your motor. Show him all these responses and then see what he thinks. I personally will not tune a car with those injectors.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Senior Tuner
    You should make it clear up front that any additional tuning time caused by customer supplied shitty parts will be billed at a certain dollar amount per hour spent trying to make the shitty parts work.

What everyone here already said. Get rid of them, they're wildly inconsistent, and can absolutely cost him a motor.

James, what other injectors are on your list of dont touch?

Potential Tuner

Injectors

Quote Originally Posted by xrelapse13 View Post
    What everyone here already said. Get rid of them, they're wildly inconsistent, and can absolutely cost him a motor.

James, what other injectors are on your list of dont touch?
    I have a set of Fast #60 injectors. part number 306008 just wondering how is the performance of these injectors.
    Anybody had problems before I install these with the Head ETC I plan on doing on a 2000 LS1 Camaro.
    Thanks for the Reply's