Thread: 2013 Mustang, corrupt write?

Tuner in Training

2013 Mustang, corrupt write?

Decided it was time for a strategy change on my car. I've been running a 2012 strategy and none of the engine data in the cluster worked. Using my Ford IDS, wrote a fresh 2013 box code in from Mother Ford. Car started, ran as expected, cluster is good. Grabbed the hpt interface, did a read, compare, copy over, use two credits, pass go. Just like when I did a similar reprogram last year, the car would not start. Dashes in the odo, key light on. To troubleshoot, I wrote the tune over in chunks and eventually found the gremlin lurks in the Spark: Advance: Spark Correction area. So then I went in and basically zerod those out manually. Run a compare and only a few lines differ, only inconsequential stuff. Problem solved, I thought. Had to do the same thing last year, to a T.

All good right? Nope, starts and stalls. Immediately. If I can keep the thing lit, the injectors appear to shut off entirely every few seconds. Wrench light comes on but no codes. It's a mess. Oh, and the datalogger captures nothing while the engine is running. It works fine before it starts, and when it stalls, but all data stream to the pc goes dead while there's any rpm. Then I write back the stock file that got put in today. No problems. It doesn't run perfect, a stock file with turbos and big injectors, but it goes into learning mode and settles down to stoich after the o2's light off. And this is all repeatable. Went back and forth a few times, same every time.

Anybody seen anything like this?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    remove battery 10-20 minute and try to write again.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    remove battery 10-20 minute and try to write again.
    No change. I messed with it all weekend, one of the scalars in the Spark Correction area is corrupting the PCM, far as I can tell.