Thread: 6l80 downshift problem goes into nuetral instead.

Tuner in Training

6l80 downshift problem goes into nuetral instead.

cruising at 35 and ill punch the throttle and the truck would rev up like if its in nuetral and then finally goes back into gear real hard. what could be causing this.

alozo rodriguez andy tune.hpt here is the file.

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    Sorry I can't view the tune, my laptop is no longer around. But the shifting problem you're describing can easily happen if you: 1) zero out/disable some of the Torque Management = Spark Reduction tables, (I once entirely disabled the one or two tables that must have been necessary to calculate torque being outputed for propper shifting) 2) adjust WOT Shift Stratagies settings to low, (I personally choose to disable WOT Shift Stratagies all together from now on after experiencing this) or even 3) wiring issues with the Transmission Control Module. I've actually had this problem when someone did a swap and only hooked up power wires to one side of the TCM, which apparently had two parts to it each requiring their own power wire. Just a few places to check for ya, good luck.

P.S. I saw this post gathering dust so felt I had to chime in, but if you aren't getting fast enough response in here you can also post questions about your transmission in the V8 section as many people over there have also extensively worked on the same transmission & PCM.
    Last edited by Dr. Nopps; 02-19-2016 at 06:17 PM.