Thread: 2014 challenger r/t

Advanced Tuner RandomEnthusiast's Avatar

2014 challenger r/t

I read and flashed it successfully. It's licensed and runs fine. But the CEL is on but with no codes.

Update: Code is u0141 communication lost with bcm a/front bcm no communication. This would make sense if the body control module wasn't functioning but everything from heated seats to a/c to wipers to tcs to lights work perfect. I can't clear it either. Have not tried unplugging the battery yet but will try that tomorrow. Also got comm loss to tcm pcm which is expected upon flash. But I'm rather confused by this one. I'll probably try flashing back to stock if the battery reset doesn't work.
    Last edited by RandomEnthusiast; 02-08-2016 at 04:32 AM.

After some looking into this issue I've determined it was pcm flash related. When it erases the module it loses comms with it and will throw weird codes. Quick fix is to unplug the battery for 30ish minutes.

I use the hpt scanner to clear it...every time I tune it the check light comes on...never had that issue with chevy or ford

Quote Originally Posted by rkrebs27 View Post
    I use the hpt scanner to clear it...every time I tune it the check light comes on...never had that issue with chevy or ford
    Are you switching the key in the off position for 10 seconds then on after each flash, as instructed?

to@hpt yes. I switch it everytime and inbetween modules. I've reread the car and nothing is wrong with it. It just does that for whatever reason. I reflashed it and same codes. tcm/pcm/ loss of comms and u0141 bcm loss of comms. Also a couple more that were coms related but those are the big ones. But either run it for an hour or batttery unplug and it works fine.

I'm experiencing something similar with a 2013 Challenger 5.7 manual. Anytime I even just make a simple adjustment such as turning skip shift off, the car starts up in limp mode.

I think your issue might be something different. I haven't had that issue. I've reflashed it a couple more time to get it dialed in but have only had the tcm/bcm/pcm loss of coms codes. Hasn't started in limp mode at all so far so I don't know.

Senior Tuner
    I have the same issue, get all comm codes everytime I flash it, I clear them right away and they do not come back until I flash it again. I get less codes when I flash both the PCM and TCM, but still get a lost comm code every time.

We apologize for the inconvenience. We will look into fixing the code issue, meanwhile you should be able to clear them from the scanner, if you hit the green button.

Yeah they can be cleared from the scanner.. Make sure the motor is off and ignition on with scanner connected but not recording. Read DTCs then delete. Your good to go.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Haven't had any issues with clearing the codes. It runs fine every time.

Potential Tuner
    Is your Challenger and automatic? Make sure you are switching the ignition off IMMEDIATELY when the flash is complete. I have observed (not on chryslers) than many vehicle attempt CAN communication within 10 seconds of a flash between the PCM and other modules and if they are not communicating properly right away it will set a CEL with no code. I have observed this at the auto manufacturer where I work. I suspect there is a similar issue in this CAN system as well.
    Last edited by seven53; 04-17-2016 at 08:06 AM.