Thread: Can't disable Abuse Mode on 05 Commodore Ute

Tuner

Can't disable Abuse Mode on 05 Commodore Ute

Just tuned a VZ SSZ Ute, made good power on the Dyno and goes well on the road.

Big problem though! It won't spin the tyres "on the brake". It goes straight into Abuse Mode and sits on 1200 rpm.

I have turned off Abuse Mode in the trans, but that didn't fix it.

HELP, this man just wants to smoke the tyres!

Here is the Tune VZ SSZ Ute MAFLess.hpt

Tuner
    Would this have anything to do with running the new VCM Suite 3.0?

I only say this, because I have tuned a few of these Utes before and never had this issue. Normally once the Abuse mode is disabled you can make smoke till the tyres pop with your foot on the brake!!!

You need to address the Engine ==> Tq Mgt ==> General

I'm guessing a log of ETC will show that your limit.

Tuner
    The later models have "Brake Torque" tables.

This problem is only related to the brake switch....

I'm very familiar with the issue and the models. Have a look at the ETC limits section where I listed above.

Tuner
    Thanks for your replies.

Before I started this thread I modified that table to 100 across the board, but it had no effect.

The biggest change came from the "ETC Injector Disable" set to 255 across the board. This stopped the injectors being disabled during this event, so the rpm wasn't limited by injector disablement. The engine would rev a bit and "just" spin the tyres, but the ETC was still limited. As soon as you let go of the brake, it would let rip.....

What I don't understand though, is every other one of these that I have done, I never touched any of those tables. I just disabled the Abuse in both the trans and TM...

Not sure. I've always has to disable injector cut otherwise had the issue you described. This is on perhaps 50-100 VZs.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    Thanks for your replies.

Before I started this thread I modified that table to 100 across the board, but it had no effect.

The biggest change came from the "ETC Injector Disable" set to 255 across the board. This stopped the injectors being disabled during this event, so the rpm wasn't limited by injector disablement. The engine would rev a bit and "just" spin the tyres, but the ETC was still limited. As soon as you let go of the brake, it would let rip.....

What I don't understand though, is every other one of these that I have done, I never touched any of those tables. I just disabled the Abuse in both the trans and TM...
    Emily when the car goes into ''SAFETY Mode'' as you know no throttle response have you tried looking at code UO107...Lost communication with throttle actuator control module..Ive had a similar problem on dyno it went into safety mode ended up being that...Cheers Bret@ultimatelsxtuning

Tuner
    Thanks for the replies guys.

I am convinced that this is a V3 problem. I am going to flash in a known program (that hasn't touched V3) from a VZ Ute that does skids all the time, but I'll use 2.24 from another laptop....

I'll give it a crack and report back with results....

Tuner
    Went back to 2.24 and it's working perfectly.

I am guessing there is a glitch with V3, perhaps in the 1 bar SD OS??? In V3 the OS changed from 1271057 vs 1273057... At first I thought it's just because it is in V3, but perhaps not??