Thread: VE tunning in 2000 chevy SD

Tuner in Training

VE tunning in 2000 chevy SD

Very new here but need something cleared up. I have been working my VE Primary tables and not resetting my secondary tabled until several Primary adjustments have been made. I just read in a post that for 2000 year only that wen MAF is failed or off the VCM will use Secondary tables not Primary. Can I work the secondary tables and come back in when I have time and update Primary to match. IS THE 2000 CHEVY REALLY USING ONLY THE SECONDARY VE TABLES IN SD OR MAF FAILED??

Second question: I have a Fast brand Wideband controller I used my limited brain power to get it in and logging. I set it to 0-5v AFR and put a gauge on the dash. Read where people were logging % dif and coping and pasting VE tables with a 1/2 muptlier. This sound like what I would like to do but I am missing something here.

Senior Tuner
    There is no cost to update the OS to 1 Bar SD and it will eliminate the secondary VE table.

Yes, when you revert to Speed density through the MAF fail approach, the PCM will revert to the secondary VE table. That is the table you update with the error correction. When you have the ve done, copy with axis and paste the secondary tale to the primary table. The copy with axis will automatically place the correct data in the correct spots (i.e 20, 30, 40....100 kPa) Once you have done this. You need to interpolate between the 20 and 30 rows to fill in the 35 kPa values. continue through the table. Set the 15 KpA and 105 kPa rows to values that follow the rpm column trends.

As far as the wide-band, do you get the same value on the gauge as you get in the VCM Scanner? If you set the WB up as a Sensor then you should be able to log AFR Error. Post up screen shots of your wb setup tables and logs so we can check the setup.

The concept is to develop an error % or 100*(Actual WB-Commanded AFR)/Commanded AFR This is the value you would copy Multiply % if error is >5% error or Multiply 50% as the error gets closer to zero.

Suggest you search the forum for the specific tuning strategy/Procedures. And 2xLS1 is correct, you can update to the 1 Bar OS and be done with it.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]