Thread: GTO Speedometer Problem w 3.91's

Potential Tuner

GTO Speedometer Problem w 3.91's

I'm probably overlooking something very simple, but can't get my speedometer corrected after installing 3.91 gears yesterday. Using HPTuners, I changed my final drive ratio to 3.91 and reflashed the PCM, speedometer is around 8 MPH off at 60 MPH, tried the auto calculate thing and all it did was round up my Tire revs / distance value. What am I doing wrong ??? This is a 2005 GTO with a M6, any help for my stupidity would be appreciated, attached is a pic of the speedometer settings.

when you changed it did you manually enter values for final drive??
    or did you enter tire size and gear ratio and hit commit...cause as far as I kno wyou gota do it that way...
    I have looked at a 2005 gto file...but havent put one in a car yet....
    and it looks to me like the vss dist and err are the same when I do it in the file I have...so maybe that is causing some issues
    -Scott -

Potential Tuner
    I tried it both ways, first time I entered tire size and ratio, then hit commit, after that didn't work, I took the old file and just changed the ratio, still way off.

are you using version 2.1.6 or 2.1.8? There was a bug in earlier versions for the LS2 speedo
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner
    I had been using v2.1.6, but just upgraded to v2.1.8 and it's still off, guess I might try to cheat by using a false tire size and see if that will make it right.
    Last edited by Moparth; 04-16-2006 at 11:06 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Got it working now, it was the 2.1.6 that was the problem, noticed after trying it with 2.1.8 that the output pulses/mile didn't change between an older file and the one I tried yesterday, so went back to previous file before 3.91's were installed, changed to 3.91 and the pulses/mile changed accordingly. Thanks Chris !!!