Thread: looking for injector duty cycle in the primary table on vcm scanner 3.0.

Tuner in Training

looking for injector duty cycle in the primary table on vcm scanner 3.0.

what is injector duty cycle describe as in adding a channel in the primary table.

It's a math parameter so it's virtual to quote Keith. That means it will not be added in Channels like you would with 2.24 into the Primary Table. You need to display it as a Graph or Chart.

I personally used to log a few User Defined parameters in the Table. Some I would display in a Graph (Histo) and some I just liked to reference in the table. IDC is one such parameter. It's not that big of a deal to plot it as a single cell Graph or Chart - just a conceptual difference which took me a bit of frustration and fair amount of reading in between testing to figure out.

IDC = IPW/(1000/(RPM/120))

so...if you run 12ms IPW at 5000 RPM, then your IDC is 50%

Injector size has nothing to do with the equation, since all measurements are taken as a time variant. I used this equation in my tables, graphs, and charts until the one from Hp Tuners was available. All you need to log is IPW and RPM, which most are already logging. On the new versions of HP Tuners, all you have to do is log IDC. all the math is already done.

80% IDC PW by RPM
    1000rpm = 96ms
    2000rpm = 48ms
    3000rpm = 32ms
    4000rpm = 24ms
    5000rpm = 19.2ms
    6000rpm = 16ms
    7000rpm = 13.7ms
    8000rpm = 12ms

Quote Originally Posted by SSUte01 View Post
    It's a math parameter so it's virtual to quote Keith. That means it will not be added in Channels like you would with 2.24 into the Primary Table. You need to display it as a Graph or Chart.

I personally used to log a few User Defined parameters in the Table. Some I would display in a Graph (Histo) and some I just liked to reference in the table. IDC is one such parameter. It's not that big of a deal to plot it as a single cell Graph or Chart - just a conceptual difference which took me a bit of frustration and fair amount of reading in between testing to figure out.
    Remember also that in order to satisfy the needs of the IDC Math Parameter, you need to add Inj PW and RPM to the Channel table.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]