Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: AEM 30-0300 Wideband with direct CAN integration W/ VCMScanner. Need beta testers.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.mike View Post
    Thanks to everyone who helped out with the beta testing on the AEM OBDII firmware upgrade.
    I am wrapping things up, now.
    Everything looks good to go. Hopefully, someone will pick the product up soon.
    Thank you for offering...it's made tuning very, very simple.
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

Potential Tuner
    THANKS A BUNCH DR MIKE

WE all APPRECIATE your Great efforts and the inputs for the Firmware upgrade you provided for the AEM 30-0300 gauge and also the inline.

Many THANKS

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3 ace View Post
    thanks a bunch dr mike

we all appreciate your great efforts and the inputs for the firmware upgrade you provided for the aem 30-0300 gauge and also the inline.

Many thanks

ditto!!!!
    Check out my V8 Sky build video. It's pretty cool!...

https://youtu.be/2q9BuzNRc3Q

https://www.youtube.com/user/gmtech16450yz

I have finally wired both inline units and the splitter. All works great. No issues as HPT picks them both up and logs the data. Great work dr. mike. THANK you!!!!!!!

Advanced Tuner
    Don't forget to set the polling rates

Quote Originally Posted by jsllc View Post
    I have finally wired both inline units and the splitter. All works great. No issues as HPT picks them both up and logs the data. Great work dr. mike. THANK you!!!!!!!
    That is quite awesome.

Got mine back and can't wait to try it

I'm feeling a little stupid, but I'm also hoping I don't have e40 disease. After hooking this up, I don't see any channel for this in the scanner for my 05 C6. Can anyone point me to the path in the channel list?

Re-poll for parameters with wideband connected and then search for "WB" when adding a channel and see what comes up
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

That did it. Glad it's just that I'm stupid and not e40 disease. I like that 3.0 doesn't show unavailable params even when not logging. Nice change.

Thanks for the help.

Good to hear that got it going

Indeed regarding the old version... It used to drive me nuts in 2.24 because in some places you'd use PID #'s and some places you had to use their names, and they never seemed to quite match. It's much better in V3.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Don't forget the terminating resistor for pre 2008 vehicles...

Hey Dr. Mike, any news on how those of us who didn't get in on this will be able to get their fingers on this firmware? This is clearly the slickest (and most accurate) way to get WB data into HPT and I would like to get in on it.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm not really set up to re-flash these things, in quantity. But, I don't want to leave people hanging, now that I have the data that I needed, just in case it is a while before the units with the new firmware become available for sale.

Since I have to do this manually, and, I test them before sending them back, as well, I guess I can accept bribes to the Dr. Mike's beer fund to convert existing units. Until they are available from HPTuners, AEM, etc. $20 for the re-flash and, while they last, an OBDII pass-thru adapter cable.

Advanced Tuner
    Scratch that. I have just been informed that the new 30-0333 OBDII wideband gauge is now available from AEM. Maybe even available via HPTuners.
    It is brand new. So, you probably have to ask for it by part number.

Nice thing is, they included a pre-wired OBDII splitter cable that plugs straight into the gauge. So, no need to be a hacker to install it, now

I do not know, yet, when the non-gauge 30-0310 version will be ready.

Thanks to all who helped out with the beta testing

This probably needs its own thread. I'll post one, once I hear that someone actually got one of the 30-0333s through "proper channels"

That's good to hear...glad they listened and implemented this feature. I only hope other manufacturers follow suit, because it is the ONLY way to go for getting wideband data into the HPT scanner.
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

That is quite awesome

Google has nothing on it yet... hopefully soon.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

I called AEM this morning and they show the part number in their computer but it's not online yet and they aren't quite ready to sell it "today." But it's a real thing and I asked them to contact me when it's ready to be purchased.

Admittedly, I hate analog outputs and f'ing with the transfer function so hopefully this will be accurate enough (and it sounds like it will) to do a permanent install in my car and run with it.

Advanced Tuner
    Not really relevant to me, but this is really great for people with the standard interface. I'll probably get one of the units direct from AEM when they are available as well.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
    Not really relevant to me, but this is really great for people with the standard interface. I'll probably get one of the units direct from AEM when they are available as well.
    Wow really good point I never though about! I'm betting 90% of the guys buying the Pro version just need it for a wideband. This does away with that and makes the need for buying the Pro version not essential for a lot of people. And like you said, for the people that only have a standard interface they can now have a wideband input without doing the A/C or EGR input trick.
    Check out my V8 Sky build video. It's pretty cool!...

https://youtu.be/2q9BuzNRc3Q

https://www.youtube.com/user/gmtech16450yz