Thread: Limp mode and trouble codes

Advanced Tuner

Limp mode and trouble codes

Stopped by a friends house on the way home and when I went to leave, the car started and idled like poop. Hooked up the scanner and have the following codes:

P2119 - Throttle actuator control throttle body range/performance (ses) (pending) (old) (history) (current) (immature)
    P0700 - Transmission control system (MIL request) (ses) (old) (history) (current) (immature)
    P0443 - Evaporative emission system purge control valve circuit (old) (history) (current) (immature) this is on because I keep it unplugged
    P2544 - Torque management request input signal A (ses) (old) (history) (current) (immature)

Drove it home which was just less than a mile and it was barely able to reach 25mph and hunted up and down every time I stopped. Just curious if anyone else has run into this.

I've done a few minutes of reading and I'm leaning towards a bad (sticking) throttle body which possibly went bad due to the use of methanol injection. I haven't removed anything yet and probably won't find the time to do so for a couple days so if anyone has any input, I would appreciate hearing it.

It ran perfect to my friends house and I was there for roughly 30 minutes before jumping into it and having this issue.

Check or service ESC and Traction Control message comes on DIC as well.

Thanks in advance for any advice and I will eventually dive into it and get if figured out and will post what I find for future use.

Advanced Tuner
    Battery is roughly 8 months old and cranks fine. I drove the car a few days last week without a hiccup.

Hooked up the VCM scanner and with the engine off the ETC Pedal shows 0% and the ETC% shows 30%. Pressing the pedal increases the ETC Pedal percentage but the ETC% remains at 30%. With the engine running it shows exactly the same thing so either the throttle body has gone belly up or something else is causing the ECM to act up.

I did loosen the silicone elbow enough to get my hand inside the throttle body and the throttle blade does not operate smoothly and will hang in different positions so I will replace the throttle body. I figure if I have to remove it that I might as well replace it as they're relatively cheap. Hopefully that fixes it. I think the P2544 and P0700 could thrown due to the mixed signal that the pedal and ETC are sending.

Advanced Tuner
    Cleaned the throttle body and it's operating properly now and the codes have not come back.