Thread: histograms

Tuner in Training

histograms

how are the histograms working on 3.0? i havent messed with it at all. I know on 2.25 i was told that they didnt work as histograms quite yet, just graphs that didnt populate while logging. Just looking for an update!

Advanced Tuner
    Mine appear to be working the same as they did in 2.25. They are called graphs now, but mine have been populating while logging, for quite some time.

We incorrectly used the term Histogram. We're sorry!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histogram

That being said, we will have true histograms in VCM Scanner soon enough.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

some of my stuff broked but my big plan is to eventually fix them.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    some of my stuff broked but my big plan is to eventually fix them.
    Can you elaborate? Is it something we can fix?

I "think" it has to do with the Generic Sensor preference vs whatever I already had in the tables.

I have been getting by with 2.25 ok on stuff that requires it but still went to 2.24 for 2014 and older. In order for something to work in a 2.24 histogram it had to be in the table as an active PID but that doesn't seem to be the case in 2.25/3.0, the PID list for the table and the PID list for the graphs don't have the same PIDs in them and I am having some trouble finding the right ones.

In 2.25 I had been logging Air Load across RPM, but now it is stuck at 1000 RPM for some reason, not sure if it is looking for Engine RPM (SAE) or Engine Speed generic sensor, I might have clicked Ok? I think it has to do with the Air Load PID, though, because there are 3 of them and my Inverse Torque graph also won't pick up values because Air Load is one of the axis....or should I be using Engine Load?

Same thing with Spark PID and some others. Also lost Alcohol %.

I'll mess around with it unless you find the checkbox is unclicked on your side.....

If your control is referencing a sensor, the parameter will be "Some Name [Sensor]".

The parameter list for the Channel display and the Graphs are the same. Use the filter above to search, or you can search by id.

Alcohol % is now Ethanol % I believe.

If you post your log, and your layout (entire layout, not just a single display), we can look at it.

Here is what I am getting. Ethanol or Alcohol do not show up in the Channel List but both show up in the Parameter List for Graphs.

I only use Channels and Graphs when I log.

There are lots of PIDs in the Parameter List and way less in the Channel list and sometimes, like with Air Load, they don't seem to be the same thing.

alcohol.JPG

ethanol.JPG

Yea, so its called Ethanol % now. Looks like your vehicle doesn't support it.

You can see it in the Parameter Selector because that shows you all parameters in the software. The Channel Selector only shows you supported channels for the current vehicle.

Have you tried repolling the vehicle for supported parameters?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Yea, so its called Ethanol % now. Looks like your vehicle doesn't support it.

You can see it in the Parameter Selector because that shows you all parameters in the software. The Channel Selector only shows you supported channels for the current vehicle.

Have you tried repolling the vehicle for supported parameters?
    It used to be in there and work until maybe two Betas ago and now 3.0 but it was working as Alcohol rather than Ethanol.

Either way, Flex Fuel is enabled on my OS and two things happened last night, I drove to the E85 station and they were out (of order?) and I had no % PID.

Doesn't the Scanner repoll each time I connect it or at least when I connect to another vehicle in between? I'll try a total rescan next time I am at my car.

Scanner will repoll the first time you connect to a new vehicle, or we have changed the definitions for your particular vehicle.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post

Doesn't the Scanner repoll each time I connect it or at least when I connect to another vehicle in between? I'll try a total rescan next time I am at my car.
    Try "Vehicle"=>"Repoll for Supported Parameters" and see if it shows up. Otherwise delete the .upf file and re-connect.
    Jaime

Vehicle->Repoll is the same as deleting the .upf file.

well, I'd like to thanks you guys for helping a brotha out on his first day.....repoll worked and I am back in business. :-)

3.0 is the future, and we're here to help!