Thread: Single/Double Fire VE

Advanced Tuner

Single/Double Fire VE

How does the ECU determine which table to use?
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Tuner
    no kidding. that got me too looking at it.
    Pontiac Grandma 2.4L LD9 (GT30R - super special option)
    12.4@118mph, spinning and being sloppy, 432hp 424tq

Advanced Tuner
    Chris said there are a bunch of variables, timers, etc that determine single/double fire mode. Basically it uses the double fire table when the injectors are in batch fire (double fire) mode. From what Chris says, the ECU is in single fire mode most of the time, and he doesn't see those timing parameters getting added into HPT anytime soon. I really don't care, as long as I know which one counts.
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Tuner in Training
    I think its a back up for the Cam sensor....... if no cam sensor input is detected, it will run in double fire (batch fire), and set a cam sensor code.......

Tuner
    hmmmm if that is the case...... something interesting is afooot... heh.
    Pontiac Grandma 2.4L LD9 (GT30R - super special option)
    12.4@118mph, spinning and being sloppy, 432hp 424tq

Tuner
    Im looking at the 2.4l na vs 2.4l s/c reflash and the ve at idle, high rpm main, and low rpm double fire and low rpm single fire all have differences. Why is the double fire at low rpm and not high rpm?

Nate

Advanced Tuner
    Not sure, might want to talk to Delphi or GM's engineering department about that one.

Tuner in Training
    I think it only double fires at low rpm because at higher rpm's it is physically impossibe to generate enough spark to double fire that fast. Just like my old msd box.
    2003 Cavalier 2.2 L4. Modified Intake and throttle body. Header and 2000 watts of boost in the trunk.