Page 18 of 87 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 3.0 Is Finally Here!!!

Connect to the interface to repoll the license information.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

As in the customer center download?
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

connect your laptop to your interface, and do a get vcm suite info. That will resync your licenses.

Thank You!! That worked
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    Any chance of high-speed read/write for EEC-V stuff? Pretty please.....

Tuner in Training
    How are user defined math parameters added to the channel list? I can't seem to figure it out.

Potential Tuner
    Bug? Histograms, "view zoom data only" can only be applied to all histograms or none. Also the option doesnt save on exit. Not sure if this is intended or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbrett View Post
    How are user defined math parameters added to the channel list? I can't seem to figure it out.
    Math Parameters are virtual, and cannot be added to the Channels list.

Quote Originally Posted by drpepper View Post
    Bug? Histograms, "view zoom data only" can only be applied to all histograms or none. Also the option doesnt save on exit. Not sure if this is intended or not.
    Each graph has its own setting, and it is persistent.

Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    Just wanted to share this so you guys that haven't updated yet can keep 2.24... This is what worked for me.

https://youtu.be/_H1Fw1G4bk0
    This worked perfect... 2.24 and 3.0 side by side!!! Thanks for that!
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Each graph has its own setting, and it is persistent.
    Ok well thats not working for me, maybe alot of the issues Im having are unique to my system/setup? Just realized my vehicle speed is not reading appropriately. Its close to double what it should be. (I know I wasnt doing 155mph on my way home from work, haha) I'll send this to support, I guess.

Tuner in Training
    Looks like I got it all figured out and the histograms working again, but I still have to run a nice long log to make sure tomorrow. It took a little getting used to since the set-up is different. Now that I found everything out almost though I will say it does seem easier to navigate.

Thanks for all the help Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by FixxxerKH202 View Post
    Looks like I got it all figured out and the histograms working again, but I still have to run a nice long log to make sure tomorrow. It took a little getting used to since the set-up is different. Now that I found everything out almost though I will say it does seem easier to navigate.

Thanks for all the help Keith.
    Good to hear. We're confident that we can help most users get through this initial confusion. I know not everyone will like it, but, we'll try to help who we can.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Good to hear. We're confident that we can help most users get through this initial confusion. I know not everyone will like it, but, we'll try to help who we can.
    My take on this is that this format was not really a big surprise. It has been pretty widely talked about for almost half a year (Scanner), over a year for the Editor, and people who had a lot to loose and work in the business would have done right by themselves to spend a little time and keep up with the changes that were coming to avoid the shock. I'm really glad I started migrating things months ago. A little at a time has avoided a lot of hysteria. like jumping from Office 2003 straight to 2013.
    Jaime

I can think of a guy that didn't like the change lol, he made it pretty clear that he needs a nap.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I can think of a guy that didn't like the change lol, he made it pretty clear that he needs a nap.
    I'll say, it has been one hell of a launch! I get it, but man!
    Jaime

For us, 3.0 has been amazing. It will be a while before we can top it, but we'll try.

Damn. This new layout is going to take some getting used to. A couple of questions. It looks like in the vehicle supported list, that the '08/'09 G8 is a single license, but apparently it still is not. I have to purchase two separate year/ make licenses to be able to tune unlimited G8s. I never understood this, as there is more difference between an 09 and 09.5 than there is between the 08 and 09.

Also, where is the tire height field? I can't put in a tire height and/ or gear change and have it auto scale the trans tune any more?
    2017 JKU Rubicon: Purple, long arms, tons, 40s, Banks CAI, Borla cat-back, TD2/HPT tuned, daily.
    2017 GMC Sierra SLT: 6.2/ 8spd. Just getting started on it...

A couple nits from the scanner that I have found:

-When deleting a channel it automatically shifts the lower ones up. Would be nice if it just cleared the row without shifting.
    -When on the Insert Channels menu thing, if you move the cursor outside this box the Channel tab collapses which is annoying.
    -A Maths shortcut on the top toolbar would be nice, like next to the VCM Suite Info I button.
    -Ability to have the Maths Manager window and Quanties and Units window open at the same time
    -Having the Units list in alphabetical order would make things much easier to find.
    -The default histogram y axis is in MAP whereas the PCM has it in Airmass (formerly dynamic cylinder air), not sure why this is? Also it would be cool if you could do a forumla for row/column labels with an upper bound and lower. Like 0.08+X*.04, with an upper bound of 9 and lower of 0. So that would be 10 rows, starting at 0.08 and ending in 0.44. Would be a lot easier than typing every value.
    -Similar to the above, the older version had an option to setup the histogram table based on another predescribed table (like primary ve vs rpm vs map), this appears to be gone.
    -Being able to double click on a channel, gauge, chart, etc. to go to settings directly would be nice instead of having to right click.

So far it looks pretty good, just takes a long time to set up. Not so much because of the process, but just because there are so many little details like colors, ranges, positions, etc.
    Last edited by Atomic; 02-02-2016 at 08:05 PM.

Can you add the tire size/gear ratio wizard like 2.24 had? I used that feature a lot.
    1971 Olds Cutlass Supreme
    6.0/4L80E;
    Single turbo - Gen 3 controls, HPT 2bar OS

2014 Sierra Denali
    L86 6.2/6L80E; HPT e85

2005 Chevy Colorado
    LH6 5.3/M5 swap; Cone Killa