Page 76 of 87 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1732

Thread: VCM Suite 3.0 Is Finally Here!!!

In the future you won't be able to switch between gauge types. You'll have to add a new gauge of a specific type.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

LOL that's one way to solve it.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    I don't quite see how that is a bug? It seems like if you're cloning it, you're making an exact duplicate of it, placement and all.. so it would end up in the same spot to begin with? Or maybe I'm missing something. I don't use gauges often.. I hope a better way of adjusting placement on gauges is released
    I know what you're saying, but it's not that. Lets say I clone an O2 mv bar gauge because I want it to be the same size and same top to bottom orientation. Clone it, it's directly on top of the one I cloned. Change the horizontal position to move it next to the cloned one, now I'm good but two of the same bar gauges. I then change the new one to display injector duty cycle. That new gauge displays both O2 mv and IDC on top of each other. If I move it or resize it, it fixes it. If I change anything else about it other than position or size, it borks again.

And you don't have to clone anything. If I change something about an existing bar gauge it displays the old and new parameters on top of each other, til it's moved or resized.
    Last edited by 5_Liter_Eater; 04-13-2016 at 01:23 PM.
    Bill Winters

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    In the future you won't be able to switch between gauge types. You'll have to add a new gauge of a specific type.
    I agree, with schpenxel. If this is to be the case I certainly hope it's easier than having to plug numbers in for height, width, horizontal position and vertical position until I get it how I want it. That's pretty tedious. It should be drag and drop / drag and resize like it used to be.
    Bill Winters

Weird, I guess I don't use them enough to see bugs like that. Now get that engine back in!

Yes sir.
    Bill Winters

Tuner
    It is tedious. The problem I had, when making changes to gauges, the change would not happen instantly. I would have to click on another gauge in the list and then click back on the one I was working on to see the change. Everytime. Don't know if it still does that. I made this at about version 3.0.5 or so. Took me days to get this how I wanted it. Probably overkill.

gauge pic.png

RPS Twin Carbon Clutch
    Kook's Headers
    Ported Supercharger
    Cold Air Inductions cai
    ID850's
    GPTuning 2.5 Cam
    9.1 Lower 2.5 Upper

Yea it shouldn't feel like I'm doing solidworks when trying to create a gauge layout. Drag and drop mang.
    Bill Winters

Yea it shouldn't feel like I'm doing solidworks when trying to create a gauge layout. Drag and drop mang. the above poster said he literally spent day on that cluster, which looks nice. But if he were to export it to someone else it would write it on top of whatever default gauge cluster they had. And god forbid they try to change it.

Bill Winters

how do we get back 2.24?

3.0 is less than perfect and is costing us money. Had to use or EFI live today since 3.0 has "issues"

Yes can i have a 2.24 download link please

where do you even enter a new application code in 3.0?
    in 2.24 there was a box next to "purchase credits online" that said "update application key". On 3.0 this box is gone so how do I upload my new application keys??????

Tick tock, tick tock. Shop time/money wasting and customer getting pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdcoastpowersports View Post
    how do we get back 2.24?

3.0 is less than perfect and is costing us money. Had to use or EFI live today since 3.0 has "issues"
    What issues are you having? They can't be fixed if you don't let us/HPT know what is not working for you..

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Yes can i have a 2.24 download link please
    2.24 is no longer supported.

where do you even enter a new application code in 3.0?
    in 2.24 there was a box next to "purchase credits online" that said "update application key". On 3.0 this box is gone so how do I upload my new application keys??????

Tick tock, tick tock. Shop time/money wasting and customer getting pissed off.
    Help-->application keys in Editor.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Thank you for the location of the application keys in the editor.

Well lets see what is wrong with 3.0
    1) Injector data/scaling
    2) The simple copy and paste function does not work. You have to click on the table you want to edit then highlight the entire table, copy and then do the same thing to paste. You used to be able to click on copy and then paste without opening the entire table. Not a giant deal but it does take longer when copying files from one tune to the other.
    3) Non compatibility with 2.24 (or at least I cant see half my old tunes that were done in 2.24)

Is HPT attempting to make HPT worse or better? Because I vote that 3.0 is worse than 2.24.

Im just pissed that we wasted almost an entire day with 3.0 and finally had to use our EFI live to do the tune.

I have also noticed that not all the data from a tune done in 2.24 does transfer over to 3.0.

Thank you for the location of the application keys in the editor.

Well lets see what is wrong with 3.0
    1) Injector data/scaling
    2) The simple copy and paste function does not work. You have to click on the table you want to edit then highlight the entire table, copy and then do the same thing to paste. You used to be able to click on copy and then paste without opening the entire table. Not a giant deal but it does take longer when copying files from one tune to the other.
    3) Non compatibility with 2.24 (or at least I cant see half my old tunes that were done in 2.24)

Is HPT attempting to make HPT worse or better? Because I vote that 3.0 is worse than 2.24.

Im just pissed that we wasted almost an entire day with 3.0 and finally had to use our EFI live to do the tune.

I have also noticed that not all the data from a tune done in 2.24 does transfer over to 3.0.
    1. I'm not sure what you're talking about here. Post an example. V3 has access to all of the same tables that 2.24 did (and in some cases, more).
    2. Copy and paste works fine. If you're copying things over from another tune why not open it as a compare file? Set it to differences view and you can just open the tables real quick and set everything to 0 and it will change the values of the tune you have open to match whatever compare file you are using. That's really how that feature was meant to be used.
    3. I've literally never had a tune from 2.24 that wouldn't open in V3? I've opened hundreds. Do you have one you can post that I can try it on?

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    2. Copy and paste works fine. If you're copying things over from another tune why not open it as a compare file? Set it to differences view and you can just open the tables real quick and set everything to 0 and it will change the values of the tune you have open to match whatever compare file you are using. That's really how that feature was meant to be used.
    Whoa, really?
    Ported TVS1900 OD cogs 10.5psi | ID850 | Vaporworx CTS-V 1:1 | COMP 219/233 .606"/.605" 113+1 | Ported TB | Pacesetter 1 3/4 LT | Solo Mach X3

Advanced Tuner
    ^^I've always used "Copy over differences" to perform that function. Or are you talking about something different??

Not sure if that was sarcastic or not..? But yes.. that is how it works

Some ctrl+4 action to get it into differences view for every table, starting changing tables to 0 and they'll be changed to match the compare file.

Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    ^^I've always used "Copy over differences" to perform that function. Or are you talking about something different??
    Now that is a feature I didn't know about.. but that is super cool. Even easier that way.

I had no idea about either of those. Awesome!
    Ported TVS1900 OD cogs 10.5psi | ID850 | Vaporworx CTS-V 1:1 | COMP 219/233 .606"/.605" 113+1 | Ported TB | Pacesetter 1 3/4 LT | Solo Mach X3