Page 32 of 87 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 3.0 Is Finally Here!!!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by MStefak View Post
    Im having an issue with editing my tune. I lost a bunch of parameters on my 08 sierra with the custom OS for use with a conventional VE table. I seem to have lost the ability to modify injector settings and airflow settings etc. There are a ton more that appear to be missing too but these are just the ones I went to go change and noticed.

Im unsure if its an install issue so its not reading correctly or if something happened when it saved ?
    Edit-view and set it to advanced.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by 2012LS3Vert View Post
    Hi Ed, Adam Snyder here. Thanks for the help with my filtering problem last week on my Camaro. I am having issues with my scanner also, it stops logging after a short period, maybe 45 seconds or a minute, is it doing that when you get the error? I'm not getting an error popup, it just stops. Im glad to see you have the new version, I switched also, I hope on our next session we can talk about 3.0, as it overwrote my 2.24.
    Sorry Adam, missed your writing under the picture. I did get the same error and believe that Keith and the crew have fixed this. Probably late to the party I am :-).

Yes we can continue using 3.0.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Edit-view and set it to advanced.
    I opened his file and it was set to Advanced....does that mean he is operating with it in advance..?

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available

[email protected]

Thanks Ed. Keith is still working on my issue, has been since yesterday, still not fixed. I don't generally get an actual error, it just stops logging either the WB channel or all channels, which doesn't let me tune anything. Keith even sent me a 3.1.11 Beta to try, still doesn't work. I am trying to find someone with 2.24 that they can email me so that I can install it on my other laptop just to do the logging I need to do. Tuning in 3.0 is great, but without some type of logs, I can't dial my car in, and I have two blower installs waiting behind my car, that I can't tune if I can't log, which means I can't do the install and get paid. I can't dial a VE table in with 2 minutes worth of data before it locks up.
    2012 Camaro SS/RS M6. TVS2300 w/rear OD cog drive and ported lower manifold, On top of a forged 416.
    1999 GMC Sierra 2500. Stock 6.0L, LT headers, cat delete, and Airaid intake.
    1965 Oldmobile Cutlass. 5.7L LS1/4L60E transplant in progress from 98 TransAm donor car.

Quote Originally Posted by 2012LS3Vert View Post
    Thanks Ed. Keith is still working on my issue, has been since yesterday, still not fixed. I don't generally get an actual error, it just stops logging either the WB channel or all channels, which doesn't let me tune anything. Keith even sent me a 3.1.11 Beta to try, still doesn't work. I am trying to find someone with 2.24 that they can email me so that I can install it on my other laptop just to do the logging I need to do. Tuning in 3.0 is great, but without some type of logs, I can't dial my car in, and I have two blower installs waiting behind my car, that I can't tune if I can't log, which means I can't do the install and get paid. I can't dial a VE table in with 2 minutes worth of data before it locks up.
    check your gmail...

Ed M

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
    Not sure what I am doing wrong but as soon as I start logging a vehicle the scanner crashes, but continues to scan in the background until I send/dont send the error report. All it says is overflow error. Picture and layout attached. Version 3.0.11.
    This is fixed in tomorrows 3.0
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    check your gmail...

Ed M
    Thanks Ed! Being a customer of your training program has payed off numerous times, and this is just another example!
    2012 Camaro SS/RS M6. TVS2300 w/rear OD cog drive and ported lower manifold, On top of a forged 416.
    1999 GMC Sierra 2500. Stock 6.0L, LT headers, cat delete, and Airaid intake.
    1965 Oldmobile Cutlass. 5.7L LS1/4L60E transplant in progress from 98 TransAm donor car.

Trying to build a layout for a 2012 Sonic. The VVE in the editor has a Y axis labels as Pressure ratio. I can't seem to get a chart to work with pressure ratio as an axis. I have pressure ratio as an option for the chart axis under Engine->Airflow->VE->Pressure Ratio or one under Maths. I can't add either to channels and when I log the car with either as my Y axis, everything populates in row one. Do I need to be logging a specific map and baro sensor to make it work?

Math axis will work again in tomorrows 3.0

Cool, thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    Haven't caught up on the latest messages, this is what I noticed in build 3.0.12:

Both Scanner & Editor
    * Application help unavailable unless you're online.
    VCM Suite Info: Windows 10 detected as Windows 8
    Tile Vertical & Tile Horizontal cause portions of the windows to be hidden, just as in 2.24. That is non-standard behavior in a Windows OS. None should overlap and they should each consume the same amount of 'real estate'.

Scanner
    * First time I connected the vehicle and started scanning, the Chart vs. Time graph logged data in the left pane but didn't show anything in the right pane. I randomly clicked on the zoom out button and the right pane started displaying date.
    * Chart Display Layout Editor: Cannot disable channels in the histogram groups without completely removing the series. It'd be nice to just be able to disable them without removing them entirely.
    * Can't click'n'drag layout graphs by using the graph name tab as indicated by help file. Double-clicking the channels window title bar makes it smaller, but the same doesn't happen with the other graphs. Layout is not locked.

Editor:
    * Tune Details > Controllers tab: Double-clicking on Change Lock does nothing even though it says 'Double Click to change lock'
    * Can't have more than one window open at a time. For example, I click on Engine, and it shows the Engine window. I then click on Trans and it replaces the Engine window with the Trans window, instead of keeping both open.
    * Miss having the expanding menu's so you can navigate directly to sections of the calibration without having to click through tabs.
    * If you replaced the expanding windows with the Parameter Navigator, then enhance it so when you drill down to the final field/table name and click on it, the actual field or table name shows up in the right pane to avoid the redundant behavior of having to find/click on it again in the right pane.
    * Many versions ago we used to be able to move the windows outside of the primary Editor (possibly Scanner also) window, as separate windows on the OS Desktop. Why was this feature removed? Can it be re-added?
    * While offline, Gear/Tire wizard only shows transaxle & multiplier fields; missing Gear current/new & automatic trans tuning option that 2.24 had. Didn't check while connected to vehicle.

Also, I don't understand how to define a custom sensor. I have a fuel pressure sensor attached to my EGR harness. In 2.24, I have a used defined PID polling EGR Position for V/0.04+(-12.5).
    1998 NBM Camaro Z28
    LS3 motor
    Mod list

Make a math parameter for that one. Hit ctrl+M to get to math parameters

What's the PID for EGR voltage?

Do that PID / 0.04 - 12.5 and there ya go

Then use that math parameter wherever suits you

I've got a few new bugs to report. Version 3.0.14

1. Consistently crashes when I mess with the min on the lambda sensor (chart display settings). I was switching from lambda to AFR and updating the min/max and it crashed. Happens consistently. I haven't figured out whether it's when I hit the decimal place or when the max is less than the min or what?

2. For some reason commanded lambda is being graphed incorrectly? Take a look.. I have the min/max setup the same for commanded lambda and for lambda (wideband) but for some reason the commanded lambda one shows up higher up on the graph? This just randomly started after working fine earlier so I'm not sure what is causing it.

Log/layout/screenshots attached

Crash.JPG

Crash 2.JPG

Corvette, 2.25, 2-6.hpl

Working.Layout.xml

Lambda vs commanded.JPG

Tuner in Training
    [2811.10]

I believe that bug is fixed for tomorrows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by drj8787 View Post
    [2811.10]
    Then use:

([2811.10] / .04 ) - 12.5

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    I believe that bug is fixed for tomorrows 3.0
    The crash or the weird scales not being the same thing?

probably both

Good deal

Keith-

Any chance of PID 2112 being returned to the channel availability? My car supports it and I have not found another PID that will register 100% at WOT and not go to zero in cruise control or zero throttle idle (which should show 7-10% or so throttle). I also use it in several Math Parameters.
    Last edited by PGA2B; 02-06-2016 at 08:56 PM.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm