Page 55 of 87 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1732

Thread: VCM Suite 3.0 Is Finally Here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Bug found:

If you use the keyboard shortcut alt+F4 to close Scanner, the layout reverts back to the default when you open it back up.

Same if you use the Log File-->Exit button instead of just hitting the X in the top right. That might explain why some people have had issues with their layout going back to the default

This is on 3.0.27, I'll try latest version in a few
    Keith,

Bug update:

Found the same thing with a customer yesterday as well. Anytime you closeout either the Graph or Chart using the X, and use Add to Layout to re-open, the default tables appear. I confirmed on my setup using version 3.0.28.

Also if you turn off the vehicle with the scanner running it locks up the scanner and the screen goes grey. Only way out is to close down the scanner and you don't get an error report request.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Bug found:

If you use the keyboard shortcut alt+F4 to close Scanner, the layout reverts back to the default when you open it back up.

Same if you use the Log File-->Exit button instead of just hitting the X in the top right. That might explain why some people have had issues with their layout going back to the default

This is on 3.0.27, I'll try latest version in a few
    Fixed for tomorrows 3.0
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    Anytime you closeout either the Graph or Chart using the X, and use Add to Layout to re-open, the default tables appear.
    This is by design. You can have as many gauge/graph/chart windows as you like, and each one can have it's own configuration. The software can't know what config you want for an individaul display.

Instead of closing out individual displays, save your layout group for each view state you use.. then just restore the entire layout if you want to achieve a different task.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    This is by design. You can have as many gauge/graph/chart windows as you like, and each one can have it's own configuration. The software can't know what config you want for an individaul display.

Instead of closing out individual displays, save your layout group for each view state you use.. then just restore the entire layout if you want to achieve a different task.
    OK I see so he wa doing that to make the chart bigger for viewing. The correct way to do that is just click and drag the table to make it bigger and then smaller when done.

Thanks,

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    FYI - I noticed an issue with the scanner where the "Immediate Engine Torque Source" and "Predicted Engine Torque Source" fields from a 2.24 log are blank when they should show "Idle" or "Trans S". The fields do show properly for "Axle" or "None".

Not sure if they behave like this with logs recorded in 3.0 or not as I have not used 3.0 for datalogging yet.

This is with an E39/T43 PCM/TCM.

Importing logs from 2.24 is not perfect by any means.. it's not bad, but the emphasis is really on making new logs work

If you're spending a lot of time trying to get charts/graphs setup based on old 2.24 logs then I have a feeling you'll be doing some of that work over again.. I'd get a quick log, even if it's 10 seconds, just so you have something from V3 to set your graphs/chart up on

IS there a post or page etc where we are told what you have to do to actually use 3.x?
    After 30 minutes of reading logs only to get an error message saying I have to update config to interface, licenses not working, not finding features I use commonly and generally being put back to BEFORE square one I just barely contained my frustration enough not to smash my interface.
    With an upgrade thats so unfriendly I have NO choice but to uninstall it from 3 computers so I can actually do something, its a good thing its free and of course now that my firmware is updated, I now living in fear of going back to 2.x

'06 BOM M6 Widebody RA6 GTO
    Trick Flow 550 kit( 225 heads, Track Max cam, springs, chain etc)
    ARH longtube , MBS HiFlow cats, Corsa Touring X-pipe SS exhaust
    Wilson FAST 92mm manifold #42 DeatschWerks Injectors soon
    Vararam Intake Duspeed not installed yet
    B&M shifter 3.91 rear,Monster level 4 Harrop diff cover
    CTS-V V2 brakes BC BR coilovers Whiteline everything
    DSS AH axles, Spohn LC arms, Toe Bar
    CCW 505a 10.5x19, 12.5x20 Nitto Invo 285& 345
    SCSS oil & afr Innovate LC2

Let's take it one step at a time.

Tell us what you can't find, or what you need help with, so we can help you.

Advanced Tuner
    Are there any known issues exporting Scanner data to CSV? I attempted it with 3.0.29, and it doesn't seem as if the data is lining up correctly in the columns. The Offset column also doesn't seem to match the timestamps in the Scanner line graph.
    1998 NBM Camaro Z28
    LS3 motor
    Mod list

There are not.

Remember that 3.0, each channel is it's own stream, and each data point in that channel has it's own timestamp. This results in much greater accuracy in the 3.0 scanner.

2.24's scanner was "frame" based, and lumped all channels together in one frame, with a shared timestamp.

When you export a csv in 3.0, you have the option to interpolate the gaps, or export it raw.

Advanced Tuner
    dumb question , where is the vin swap , and I keep getting a gear tire error and program shuts down

Jim

Advanced Tuner
    OK, that helps... interpolate is what works for me. The 3.0 scanner lists real time and elapsed time (HH:MM:SS.sss), but when you export to CSV, the timestamp "offset" column is populated as elapsed time in SS.sss. It would be easier to find data in the CSV's if it referenced the same time syntax as the scanner. Sure, I can do the math, but I don't want to

On a side note, I collected my first log real log using MPVI channel 1 last night and it was flawless for the entire 1h45m log. I was happy I didn't have any of the reported channel dropping issues reported elsewhere.
    Last edited by JimMueller; 02-21-2016 at 12:33 PM.
    1998 NBM Camaro Z28
    LS3 motor
    Mod list

Im having general sluggish response sometimes with the more recent versions... like opening tables in Editer and working with Menu's in Scanner.. then finally, I tried to CLONE a graph in scanner and it locked up... it didnt ask to send an error report though... it just kept waiting and waiting and saying Not Reponding, then I try to close the Graph window and it asks to Force Close, or keep waiting (windows dialog). So I force close.

Also had the wideband analog input stop working twice in 10mins.

CloneGraph_LOCKUP.PNG
    Last edited by 10_SS; 02-21-2016 at 02:34 PM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Very little has changed that would affect what you're describing, especially in editor.

Try rebooting your PC.

Also, when you modify your layouts with a log open, a lot of recalculating and rerdrawing takes place. Depending on your laptop speed, as well as how many math parameters you have and are using, as well as how wide your current view range is, layout change effects may take longer to complete.

Advanced Tuner
    In my own opinion it may help if someone would do a real update on the help section , I still cant find the vin swap after what you said Keith

jim

when i try and enter scanner defaults under 2 bar , the 2 bar only goes to 160 and i cant change the afr error to match , is there a generic file laying around
    Last edited by usc45cal; 02-21-2016 at 02:30 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I would like to point out I am frustrated being forced to use new software with no backup to the old which worked fine for me and im sure others just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by usc45cal View Post
    I would like to point out I am frustrated being forced to use new software with no backup to the old which worked fine for me and im sure others just my .02
    Maybe you missed it was posted they are going to make a download of a 2.2x that will run side by side with 3.0.
    It was also posted by a non-HPT staff forum member how he renamed the 2.24 HPTuner folder so the installation of 3.0 would create a new HPTuner folder without overwriting the the previous.
    When you load 3.0 and connect the first time you may get an interface firmware update. If so it will only work with 3.0 and the latest or say, the final version of 2.24.

I have not seen a post from the HPT guys on how they feel about the renaming thing but its pretty sweet for me having a vehicle I do not want to rewrite or flash, and another just waiting for me to buy credits for.
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Stock 5.7L, Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1, 3.25" Pulley, 450-HP 459-TQ.
    Corsa Sport CatBack, 3.06:1 Wavetrac, Dual Fans, 1-7/16 Radiator, Mopar Oil Cooler
    2005 Radix'd Silverado L33 5.3 ECSB Z71 @ 387-HP 395-TQ

Very little has changed that would affect what you're describing, especially in editor.

Try rebooting your PC.

Also, when you modify your layouts with a log open, a lot of recalculating and rerdrawing takes place. Depending on your laptop speed, as well as how many math parameters you have and are using, as well as how wide your current view range is, layout change effects may take longer to complete.
    I cant explain why my two computers get sluggish... one is high spec desktop 8gb Ram, the other is still 8gb Ram Yoga I5 Laptop just sometimes they both are but only when working with the editor or scanner.

On a side note, I constantly get a big delay for most channels to start logging data (10-30sec) just from stopping the scanner and restarting it (not shutting off the car). I can also just shut down scanner, and restart scanner and still the delay is there. If I power down the ECU and scanner, then restart, then it poll's and then all channels show up at the same time with no delay. Normal? I think you mentioned your working on the Analog input logging issue, but i had that twice within 5-10min earlier. No rhyme or reason.

But, other than that, the scrolling through the chart is lightening fast... something I couldn't stand with 2.24... so worth it!
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

10_ss, please contact support, reference what you just wrote, and ask that the ticket be assigned to Keith.

We'll give you access to the beta so you can send in some debug information that may help us determine why you have that delay.

10_ss, please contact support, reference what you just wrote, and ask that the ticket be assigned to Keith.

We'll give you access to the beta so you can send in some debug information that may help us determine why you have that delay.
    ok, done, thanks. I used the generic web site contact form.
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires