Page 26 of 87 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 3.0 Is Finally Here!!!

Keith,

So lets say I have another car on the dyno tomorrow. Whats a quick, easy way for me to get afr/afr error/ MAF LTFT and Knock all in my histogram quick. Is there an option for me to just grab these or do I have to build them like I did before?

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I had a Gen 3 Layout, that worked for almost every truck up to 2008. Half of it doesn't load in the histograms....
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerrot View Post
    I had a Gen 3 Layout, that worked for almost every truck up to 2008. Half of it doesn't load in the histograms....
    Trust me this is why I'm not fighting the new software and went back to the BETA 2.25 and 2.24 regular LOL
    https://www.facebook.com/tuningbyshanehinds
    [email protected]
    2009 G8 GT [email protected] 1.60 - Sold
    2008 A6 LS3 C6 Cammed [email protected] 1.44 Sold
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrot View Post
    Tomorrows 3.0 will have better importing for some of the common tables histograms were defined against in 2.24.

Using that, and changing a couple of your graphs to the built in AFR Error math parameter, i've attached the results.

It's super easy to build a graph in 3.0.

1. Select the Parameter you want to plot against.

2. Find the table you want to use in VCM Editor. Open it. Right click, go down to Column Axis -> Copy Labels.
    - Paste these into the Graph in VCM Scanner
    - Do the same thing for the row axis.

That's it.

Attached is the graphs I've fixed. You can load these direct from the Graphs Layout Editor. They will be added to whatever graphs you currently have defined.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by 04blackgmc View Post
    Trust me this is why I'm not fighting the new software and went back to the BETA 2.25 and 2.24 regular LOL
    2.25 beta was no different than 3.0.

There's no reason to be using the beta 2.25 now that we've released 3.0

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Because the previous change vin option only worked on about 5% of the vehicles we support it has been removed.
    That is very disappointing. I picked HP Tuners because it was supposed to have the ability to do this.
    Is there a known alternate method to do this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaganader View Post
    Off topic, you wouldn't happen to be the same NikolaiD from the mss54hp DME dissambly thread? If so your contributions on that subject is very well appreciated, especially in the DTC coding.
    Same. Thank you. No more MSS54 here though.
    IMG_20160204_192829447.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    We have an even better solution in the works. A lot of stuff is happening here at HPT!
    Any estimate to when it will be available? If its going to be 6 months to a year I would prefer to have access to the previous as well. I like the new interface btw, looks like you took what visual studio docking provides. Thanks.
    2020 Camaro ZL1 1LE - M6

Will you tell me what the license is tied to now?

"Calibrated for Domination"
    [email protected]

Tuning Addict
    OK, it will import nearly "all" of the 2.24 "main" pids, BUT still won't import any of the original custom made math pids? Is there something I can do or need to do to fix this or do I just need to reload 2.24 and get them back that way? Knew I should have been saving them into a word file somewhere.... Then if I delete out 3.0 to reload 2.24 what kind of damage will this entail??? Is there a specific way that is better to do this?

Thank You,
    Greg
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    The MAF Cylinder Airmass (4 cyl) is a Math parameter, which is virtual. You need to make sure you have all the Channels that Math Parameter requires added to the Channels form.

I have not looked at your files yet to see what you're missing.
    Have you had a chance to look at this? I would love to be able to stick with 3.0 but i cant if i cannot take care of knock.

Would have been really cool if you added a self tune feature to RTT vehicles.

Basically it would be badass if your AFR ERR histo could constantly copy/paste/special the AFR ERR % your logging into the RTT VE table. That would make building the base of your VE table super simple and fast. No stopping to do a copy and paste of your new logged data etc. All you would have to do then once your done is go in a smooth things out.

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    OK, it will import nearly "all" of the 2.24 "main" pids, BUT still won't import any of the original custom made math pids? Is there something I can do or need to do to fix this or do I just need to reload 2.24 and get them back that way? Knew I should have been saving them into a word file somewhere.... Then if I delete out 3.0 to reload 2.24 what kind of damage will this entail??? Is there a specific way that is better to do this?

Thank You,
    Greg
    VCM Scanner 3.0.10 will open the 2.24 legacy maths found in the "\My Documents\HP Tuners\Settings\VCM Scanner.cfg" file.

In mid 2014 or so, we updated the 2.24 "VCM Scanner.cfg, VCM Editor.cfg, VCM Suite.cfg" file formats to be future compatible with 3.0. If your 2.24 was older than that, it's likely your legacy maths were overwritten.

Quote Originally Posted by rage03usa View Post
    Have you had a chance to look at this? I would love to be able to stick with 3.0 but i cant if i cannot take care of knock.
    What am I looking at?

Are you saying your vehicle had knock retard in 2.24 but not 3.0? If so, post your log and tune.

Tuning Addict
    VCM Scanner 3.0.10 will open the 2.24 legacy maths found in the "\My Documents\HP Tuners\Settings\VCM Scanner.cfg" file.

In mid 2014 or so, we updated the 2.24 "VCM Scanner.cfg, VCM Editor.cfg, VCM Suite.cfg" file formats to be future compatible with 3.0. If your 2.24 was older than that, it's likely your legacy maths were overwritten.
    I had 2.25 and 2.24 both up to date. I was digging into the situation and found my "labeled" equations under the user defined tab, but not sure on how to access them to change or look at the equations themselves. Guess I should really start reading up on everything as I never liked the 2.25 layout of the scanner and only used it when necessary on the Fords. Should have bitten the bullet and started using it much sooner, yes?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Should have bitten the bullet and started using it much sooner, yes?
    Those that got involved, helped steer the software in the direction they wanted.
    Those that get involved, continue to help steer the software in the direction they need. The past week is proof of that. We've implemented almost everything people have asked for in the last 4 days.

I've honestly been pretty shocked at how fast you guys have implemented what people have asked for. When people started asking to be able to use their old config files I thought they were crazy.. but it got done over the last few days

I only have two requests, both of which I think have already been discussed

-Add an option to NOT open the last file every time you open Editor
    -A standalone 2.24 option. I doubt I'll use it but just in case, it would be nice to have

I had 2.25 and 2.24 both up to date. I was digging into the situation and found my "labeled" equations under the user defined tab, but not sure on how to access them to change or look at the equations themselves. Guess I should really start reading up on everything as I never liked the 2.25 layout of the scanner and only used it when necessary on the Fords. Should have bitten the bullet and started using it much sooner, yes?
    hit ctrl+M to get to math parameters (that is what they are called instead of user defined parameters now). Or, tools-->Math parameters

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    I only have two requests, both of which I think have already been discussed

-Add an option to NOT open the last file every time you open Editor
    This is already in today's 3.0
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Even better, I was just about to download it

Quote Originally Posted by CalEditor@pcmcalibrators View Post
    Will you tell me what the license is tied to now?
    I have this same question Keith

With 2.24 I tuned many vehicles with special setups. Stock OS rarely has everything you need for a modified/swapped vehicle so I need to change it to fit my needs.
    I take the PCM to a friend who uses dealer tools to flash another OS without changing the VCM ID (so I don't have to spend 10 credits on 1 car until I find the one which works). This method has worked for me just fine with 2.24, but 2.25 and now 3.0 asks for a license for a file I previously licensed? This happens to every file I changed the OS to a different one.
    2.24 didn't care about the OS or the VIN the file has, it only need a valid VIN/OS pair but 3.0 is checking the OS it seems.

Is this the way it's going to be from now? HPT is going to be useless to me since most of the work I do are engine swaps and heavily modified vehicles. Since the VCM ID can't be changed without having a license I think it's enough of a security.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS