Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: VCM Scanner 3.0 Serial Wideband Feedback

Keith,

Have you been able to add serial support for the ECM AFM1500 yet? I finally had a chance to get everything hooked up today but have been unsuccessful getting it to work? I believe there was another user that was trying but unsuccessful as well.

I have 2 widebands from customers here that I need to add first. I want to get them done this week and back to those customers.

I do want to add the ECM stuff as well.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    I have 2 widebands from customers here that I need to add first. I want to get them done this week and back to those customers.

I do want to add the ECM stuff as well.
    Thanks. If you need I can send in it in as well.

Tuner in Training
    Hi Keith, Im not sure if I am on the right track here - a bit of background to my query,,,I have just started with HP tuners, because one of my cars is a 2015 commodore SS (Aussie) I had to upgrade to Ver 3 as 2.24 would not read the SS -- upgrade to V3 solved that problem. However i found soon after there was no listing for the VCM (Dynojet) wideband provided with the software. I spoke to the Australian suppliers for HP and they informed me that it wasnt setup in Ver3 yet but was being worked on. Reading the forum here I understand that you are in the process of doing that if the right info is provided. Can you tell me if the process is underway with the VCM wideband or is that o
    only through the Aussie agent. I dont seem to be able to get any response to the time line for this review in Australia can you help me regarding this issue..regards Jim

If you have the formula for that wideband you can use it now. There's a "user defined" section in the setup for the external input transform where you can enter the formula for that wideband, no need to wait on HPT to enter it in for you.

Tuner
    I currently use AFX (discontinued version of 2 year ago) and the Fast wideband sensor. seems like both will not work with V3. Furthermore, during the installation of V3 I lost my 2.24 version.
    Is their any instructions to get both my wideband sensor working with V3. again I use both AFX (NTK) and the Fast dual duel wideband
    Help. I do appreciate the work on v3, and would like to start using

I don't understand why everyone keeps saying x wideband won't work with V3. If they have a 0-5V output, they will work. If they worked with 2.24, they will work with V3. V3 is only adding additional features like serial wideband support and CAN wideband support

Yes you have to put in the formula yourself if the sensor is not currently in the list, that is the only difference.

If you want a specific wideband added to the built in list, please plainly state the model, manufacturer, formula required and units that that will give (AFR, lambda, etc.).

I can't guarantee it will be added, but they have been pretty good about adding them if they are given the necessary info.
    Last edited by schpenxel; 03-17-2016 at 08:50 AM.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    I don't understand why everyone keeps saying x wideband won't work with V3. If they have a 0-5V output, they will work. If they worked with 2.24, they will work with V3. V3 is only adding additional features like serial wideband support and CAN wideband support

Yes you have to put in the formula yourself if the sensor is not currently in the list, that is the only difference.

If you want a specific wideband added to the built in list, please plainly state the model, manufacturer, formula required and units that that will give (AFR, lambda, etc.).

I can't guarantee it will be added, but they have been pretty good about adding them if they are given the necessary info.

schpenxel
    Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it. I am not sure where to start. Can you direct me as to where to find or create the formulas. In the past all my wideband were listed, so it was just a matter of picking the wideband to be used (AFX or Fast). I will be listing my widebands model hoping to have them inserted, but for the mean time I would like to figure out the formual to make them work.
    Cheers

For AFX, AFR = V / 0.714286 + 9

For FAST, AFR = V / 0.33226 + 7.34

Found them here. Never tried them but worth a shot
    http://www.bmotorsports.com/download...ual_REV_06.pdf

and

http://www.jegs.com/InstallationInst...244-170634.pdf
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    For AFX, AFR = V / 0.714286 + 9

For FAST, AFR = V / 0.33226 + 7.34

Found them here. Never tried them but worth a shot
    http://www.bmotorsports.com/download...ual_REV_06.pdf

and

http://www.jegs.com/InstallationInst...244-170634.pdf

schpenxel,
    if I had a good looking sister, I would be offering her to you (thanks). Info. I updated to the latest V3 and NGK AFX is now available, but not FAST. looking forward trying the new V3
    Cheers to all

I'll take a good looking sister

Every time I see this thread I think if this......

Tuner
    Keith,
    Please add FAST 170401 to the list. Been trying to make it work to no avail, but have not given up
    Excellent job on 3.0, i love it. Cheers to all the tech team

Fast wideband info hope this helps
    The output voltage to a/f ratio formula for gasoline is A/F Ratio = 3.01 x Output Signal Voltage + 7.34. As an example,
    if the output signal voltage is measured at 1.64 volts (3.01 x 1.64 + 7.34), your air/fuel ratio would be 12.28 to 1
    Last edited by obd2; 03-17-2016 at 08:25 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Hi Schpenxel -- Reading your comment regarding setting up new wideband through user defined you have mentioned a formula for the wideband - Can you help me where I would find a formula for my wideband.
    In selecting or setting up a new wideband I dont seem to be able to find the path to the setup of a new external input.
    I have been

opening the VCM scanner Ver 3.0.23
    opened Channels
    add a channel
    channel selector
    external Inputs
    then ?? not sure cant find any setup tab
    I am completely new to HP tuners I would be grateful if you could help further

Regards Jim

Please try what's in this thread

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...PRO-Interface)

The basic idea is you add the external # to the list of channels you are logging, then you "transform" that into a wideband or other reading. The post is fairly detailed but let me know if you have issues setting it up.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, I will spend the time to understand this, I still need to find the Formula for my wideband but I know what to look for now.

cheers

guys, this thread is for serial outputs on widebands that connect to your laptop direct with a USB to Serial converter.

Not widebands that connect to the MPVI A/D inputs.

Potential Tuner
    My LC1 is reading around 500 in the scanner through serial. Did I do something wrong or is it a known problem?

Quote Originally Posted by country_3030 View Post
    My LC1 is reading around 500 in the scanner through serial. Did I do something wrong or is it a known problem?
    Keith is working on it, read the thread!
    1968 Chevy C10 SWB - Project
    2018 Denali L5P

I've tested on both LC-1 and LC-2, both worked.

We need to compile a running list of what is working for people and what isn't.