Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Scanner 3.0 Serial Wideband Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post
    Yikes! Thanks! Maybe I'll wait for somebody else to be the guinea pig? I actually have the car with the PLX apart right now because I'm switching my onboard/in dash PC from an Intel NUC to a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 tablet. It sure is awesome having onboard scanning and tuning! Even better once I get 3.0 up and running on this new 12.5" touch screen!
    edit: guess I missed a few posts before posting.. but yeah, you don't 100% HAVE to use their adapter, but you'd have to convert from TTL to serial then serial to USB on your own if you don't use theirs. Way easier to just use their adapter.

------------------

I have one of the cables already..

PLX sells a cable that converts their output (whatever it is) to a USB plug. It basically converts TTL to serial then has a built in serial to USB adapter.

It shows up as a COM/serial port when connected to a computer, which is exactly what you need

http://www.amazon.com/PLX-Devices-iM.../dp/B00JF73VUU
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    edit: guess I missed a few posts before posting.. but yeah, you don't 100% HAVE to use their adapter, but you'd have to convert from TTL to serial then serial to USB on your own if you don't use theirs. Way easier to just use their adapter.

------------------

I have one of the cables already..

PLX sells a cable that converts their output (whatever it is) to a USB plug. It basically converts TTL to serial then has a built in serial to USB adapter.

It shows up as a COM/serial port when connected to a computer, which is exactly what you need

http://www.amazon.com/PLX-Devices-iM.../dp/B00JF73VUU

So have you tried it in 3.0 yet? Did it work in 2.25? How does it compare to logging the PLX through analog?

Sorry for all the questions guys. If there's a better way to scan the PLX wideband, I'd definitely like to try it out.
    Check out my V8 Sky build video. It's pretty cool!...

https://youtu.be/2q9BuzNRc3Q

https://www.youtube.com/user/gmtech16450yz

Can the LM1 be hooked up by serial connection?
    1968 Chevy C10 SWB - Project
    2018 Denali L5P

Quote Originally Posted by Z06-Hammer View Post
    Can the LM1 be hooked up by serial connection?
    Yes, but we haven't developed/tested it yet. Maybe it will work by using the LC-1 settings, try it.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Yes, but we haven't developed/tested it yet. Maybe it will work by using the LC-1 settings, try it.
    Tried LC-1 & LC-2 with no luck. It just disappears every time I hit record. Any specific setting I need to use on the COM Port or is the problem with the scanner?
    2018 Denali L5P

Advanced Tuner
    The LM-1 uses a different serial protocol vs. the LC-1/LC-2/MTX-L

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/r...l-protocol.php

Tuner in Training
    I have an lm-2 and an mtx-l both hooked up i tried with the mtx-l and it was reading like 534.5 lamda or some thing like that. wasn't able really check it out good just quick check. I could not try with the lm-2 because they are hooked to a usb hub in the dash that runs to the in car computer. is there a way to select the serial port that hp sees.

Quote Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post
    So have you tried it in 3.0 yet? Did it work in 2.25? How does it compare to logging the PLX through analog?

Sorry for all the questions guys. If there's a better way to scan the PLX wideband, I'd definitely like to try it out.
    I'm 95% sure there is something wrong with the controller on mine.. Serial didn't work in 2.25, but when I looked at the data going across the serial port it was jibberish that would start/stop depending on how hard I pushed the connector into the controller (like "jkasdf;lj897jjss.........." type jibberish, not something that could possibly be right in my opinion).

The gauge on mine has also stopped working.. so I think something is up with the controller. I have an old 4.2 one I'm going to hook up just to see if it behaves the same or more like I believe it should

I've never had any trouble with the voltage output on it though.. I have the ground wire connected directly to the battery so I think that helps

If anyone wants to send us an LM-2 or PLX (with serial adapter) for us to test, it will make development happen a lot quicker.

Let me know where to send it.

Tuner in Training
    Here is link to lm-2 protocol. I could possibly send an lm-2 or an mtx-l but would have to send one at a time. But if I read right they are the same.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/s...eriallog-2.pdf
    Last edited by whistler777; 02-03-2016 at 09:12 PM.

schpenxel is sending is a unit (not sure which one).

I'd love to test on the other one though as well, just to make sure.

I'm sending plx. I have an mtx-l that had sensor issues. If I can find it I'll throw it in the box too. You can have that one. Burn it when you're done to make the world a better place

whistler, if you have a confirmed good mtx-l, we can test that too. You can send it addressed to me, shipped to our office (addy on website).

Be sure to include notes in the package that tell us who its from!

We'll need it for 2-3 days.

schpenxel, we have no need for the faulty equipment.

It had a sensor error a few times in the middle of logs that drove me nuts but otherwise works fine. I think for serial out testing it will be fine.

Not sure I can even find the thing so may not matter regardless.

(If someone is sending one already I won't worry about looking for it)

Tuner in Training
    ok. i will pull the mtx-l this weekend and send it next week. do we need the lm-2 also? @schpenxel i would like to buy the gauge from you if you think it is just an sensor issue. then i could have just them and get the lm-2 off my windshield lol

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    schpenxel is sending is a unit (not sure which one).

I'd love to test on the other one though as well, just to make sure.
    No love for an LM1?
    2018 Denali L5P

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06-Hammer View Post
    No love for an LM1?
    Those are kind of like Windows 95, these days.
    Jaime

Quote Originally Posted by whistler777 View Post
    ok. i will pull the mtx-l this weekend and send it next week. do we need the lm-2 also? @schpenxel i would like to buy the gauge from you if you think it is just an sensor issue. then i could have just them and get the lm-2 off my windshield lol
    I'll try to dig it up. It would randomly give me some kind of error.. I can't remember the code. A new sensor fixed it for a month or so then it started back up again, so I switched to PLX. The worst was getting some good data then getting the error and pretty much ruining a log (could be worked around with filters but meh)

If I find it I'll let you know (and sell it to you cheap)

Alright I dug up some old widebands tonight

The MTX-L is complete minus sensor. The wiring harness for the sensor needs to be reconnected as I had to cut it to get it out of the car, but that should be easy enough. Some solder/heat shrink should get it going (along with a sensor)

The PLX 4.2 is also missing the sensor, so that one is incomplete as well

I'll try to find the sensors this weekend. I think they're in my old exhaust manifolds.

whistler777 if you want the MTX-L let me know where you want it shipped.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock