Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Scanner 3.0 Serial Wideband Feedback

Post VCM Scanner 3.0 Serial Wideband Feedback

I've tested on an Innovate LC-1 and LC-2 on the bench with success.

PLX is implemented, but, I don't know if it is actually working. Need someone to report.

If you want a different serial wideband or other sensor added to the software, please list the details here, including the manufacturer, model, and a link to the serial protocol.

Please post your results.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Keith,

Can I get serial support for the ECM AFR1500?

http://www.ecm-co.com/product.asp?a1500

I believe this is also the wide band that Redline Motorsports uses also.

Quote Originally Posted by erick_e View Post
    Keith,

Can I get serial support for the ECM AFR1500?

http://www.ecm-co.com/product.asp?a1500

I believe this is also the wide band that Redline Motorsports uses also.
    If you can provide the serial protocol, I can add it.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    If you can provide the serial protocol, I can add it.
    I'll call ECM tomorrow and see if they can provide it. Is there anything specific I need to ask?

Got this from the instruction manual. Is this what you need?

AFM1500.pdf

See where it says "For Communication Protocol, See SMB Interface Section". I'm guessing that's what we need.

See where it says "For Communication Protocol, See SMB Interface Section". I'm guessing that's what we need.
    I can't upload the whole manual as it is to big, but here are the pages for SMB interface.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tried serial on my PLX but I think something is wrong with my controller. Didn't work in scanner so I logged raw port data and got gibberish. Tried connecting the gauge that came with the wideband (connects to serial port) and it doesn't work either.. so pretty sure it's something wrong with the controller

I have a spare I'll try in the next few days.

same process for datonya single IV?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostofnyc View Post
    same process for datonya single IV?
    Same process, just provide us the serial protocol.

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Tried serial on my PLX but I think something is wrong with my controller. Didn't work in scanner so I logged raw port data and got gibberish. Tried connecting the gauge that came with the wideband (connects to serial port) and it doesn't work either.. so pretty sure it's something wrong with the controller

I have a spare I'll try in the next few days.
    I don't know if the PLX has worked for anybody.

If it works, people say nothing. If it doesn't work they just complain to someone else, lol.

lol, isn't that how it always goes?

If it doesn't work I'll get you some data on what the PLX is spitting out, so maybe that will help in getting it to work. I've never had the "voltage offset" issue people complain about so it's not a very high priority, I'd still like to see it work though

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    lol, isn't that how it always goes?

If it doesn't work I'll get you some data on what the PLX is spitting out, so maybe that will help in getting it to work. I've never had the "voltage offset" issue people complain about so it's not a very high priority, I'd still like to see it work though
    As would I, but I have to agree that I don't have offset issues with the PLX. I'm actually very impressed with how well their tuner series WB works. Seems to be a solid piece, electrically. I'm very happy with it at the under 300.00 price point. When I get some time, I'll try to use the serial again. I have a native serial port so maybe that will help eliminate some variables.
    Jaime

Tuner in Training
    i would like to use the innovate mtx-l through serial interface do we have support for that one

I would like to use the aem serial output if that could be added to 3.0 please.

Quote Originally Posted by Srtboost4u View Post
    I would like to use the aem serial output if that could be added to 3.0 please.
    If you want a different serial wideband or other sensor added to the software, please list the details here, including the manufacturer, model, and a link to the serial protocol.

Tuner in Training
    We use a WEGO IIID here from Daytona Sensors - here's a link to their product page with what appears to be the serial protocol on the bottom (COM port setup?).

http://www.daytona-sensors.com/tech_pclink.html

Since we're new I decided to just take the plunge and nuke all 2.24 stuff in favor of getting the 3.0 scanner logging correct and learned. Once implemented I'll be sure to let you know if it works on both single and dual WBO2s within a day or two of any update. Cheers!

EDIT: Just saw the AFM documentation and I'm way off on what you guys needed. I'll call Daytona today and see if they would be willing to get us something.
    Last edited by 757performance; 02-02-2016 at 10:16 AM.

Tuner in Training
    This would be great as the AEM UEGO is a very popular unit. Are you still in need of serial info for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbomangto View Post
    This would be great as the AEM UEGO is a very popular unit. Are you still in need of serial info for it?
    Yes.