Thread: Just a quick question... LS1 Camaro HCI

Potential Tuner

Just a quick question... LS1 Camaro HCI

Hey everyone! Im brand new to tuning and I just finished up these mods on my 2000 Camaro; 102mm intake and throttle body along with a Trick Flow LS1 top end kit (215cc CNC heads matched with their trick flow cam). If I need to go more in depth with my mods I will, but I went to start the car today after following a few different posts and guidelines for a Speed Density tune. The car will start and run great for about 30 to 45 seconds, but then after that it just starts dying, where blipping the throttle wont even keep it alive. I was just wondering if anyone has had a problem like this or would have any insight to cause the car to do this repeatedly and consistently every time I try to start it up. Thanks!!

Senior Tuner
    Open headers by any chance?

Potential Tuner
    No, it has a full exhaust on it now. I haven't really played too much with HP Tuners too much yet but I was just curious if anyone knew if anything that would cause it to happen so consistently

Senior Tuner
    What does the first thread in this sub forum say?

Potential Tuner
    Okay here is the tune that is currently in the PCM. With this tune it starts and idles decently until it kills itself.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    The PCM has to see a MAF error to put it in SD. Your MAF DTCs are all set to No Error Reported. With that and the MAF table zeroed out I'm surprised it runs at all. Set the DTCs to MIL on 1st Error. Make those changes and see what it does. And put the idle airflow table back to stock then add 6 g/sec to the whole table. Right now you have it maxed out. This is all I'm going to help without seeing a datalog.
    Last edited by 2xLS1; 01-31-2016 at 09:15 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks I appreciate it! Im gonna try it tomorrow and let ya know what happens