Thread: think im bricked.

Tuner in Training

think im bricked.

OK i have a 07 silverado ( classic ) 2500HD i have saved my stock...

I finally flashed it who hoo... after about an hour of idling and revving in my shop i took it for a spin... who hoo...
    got almost back and went into reduced power and shut down... said overheating... was not hot... friend pulled me home..
    now i have disconnected battery over nite tried re-flashing stock to no avail.... when i run vcm scanner it shows tps at 100%...

here is the question... if i buy compatible junkyard pcm can i do all the flashing i need to make it work for me or will i have to order one from someone who can set vin and mileage???

preparing vcm fails. boot loader request times out....
    Last edited by wade stegal; 01-28-2016 at 09:44 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Tech 2 is always your best way to put the ecm back to stock.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    ok im working on figuring out what all i will need to reprogram my pcm... kinda confusing on what all is needed...

preparing vcm fails but you think tech2 will still be able to communicate with it??
    Last edited by wade stegal; 01-28-2016 at 02:00 PM.

Tuner in Training
    wow tech2`s are so confusing... clones are wild and im having a hard time understanding what all i would need. if i buy one i would still need a subscription to tis2web in order to get the program for my ecm???

What I'm finding hard to believe is that the computer just bricked on it's own after running just fine. Almost seems like some sort of electrical issue in a way.

But a dealership is really the best route to take if you want them to try and reflash the stock calibration back into it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    Post your stock file and the file you flashed into it.

Tuner in Training
    i got codes with the original shut down of ( p1258, p0606, u0107 ) after its set overnite with battery unhooked the p1258 cleared. but the p0606 and u0107 wont clear... with my handheld scanner nor vcm scanner.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You modified ETC tables that ultimately killed the ecm.

Tuner in Training
    ok so can i buy one from a junk yard and flash my vin and stock file to it and make it work??

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    As I previously stated Tech 2 is always your best way to put the ecm back to stock.

Tuner in Training
    well i could buy a tech2 then try to figure out what subscription i need with acdeco to get what i need.... i could buy a remand pcm that is pretty much plug and play or haul it to gm garage and let them reprogram it. cheap way is gm garage but scared there as dumb as everyone else around here that thinks only a gm garage can do it...

Tuner in Training
    dealer says pcm is junk... any way i can buy used..aka junkyard and then program it with my hptuner?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    correct, you need to purchase a new ecm and have it programmed via tech 2.

I agree with 5FDP if it was gonna brick from a flashing error it would have done so during a flashing attempt.
    Last edited by AutoWiz; 02-14-2016 at 11:45 AM.

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    IN SUMMARY: Do not go out and buy a new or used Tech2 & subscription, simply to "re-stock" your PCM or VIN#. You do not need all of it's other available features, and other software out there can do the VIN. (sorry no advertisements) Usually the dealer can easily get proper authorization if a legitimate VIN change is needed, and one of their techs may even be able do this stuff without even writing up an RO. (EXAMPLE: friend hooking you up for free, or tech working on their own car/truck) It looks like the PCM didn't see a problem untill you were driving, then had to reference a specific area on the ECT table to preform a critical routine or calculation. With the figures in that area being too far off from what is expected/allowed the request could'nt be satisfied crashing the PCM. It's true that you don't "need" a dealer to Tech2 everything for you, but in this case it would clearly be the easiest option and still might even be the cheapest to buy a brand new PCM from them and sweet talking them into flashing it for free or cheap seeing as you already went through such a giant headache and are still willing to purchase something so expensive & non-returnable (in most cases) from their parts department.

P.S. And oh yeah I almost forgot, make sure you let all of us on here know where to contact that guy you're looking for that re-flashes the vehicle mileage, once you actually find him. Just kidding.
    Last edited by Dr. Nopps; 02-14-2016 at 08:58 PM.

Tuner in Training
    ok for the record i think my pcm was already going... i did have a few other issues with the truck that should have really been un related to the pcm like a random misfire i had been chasing for awhile... apon pcm replacement ALL of those other issues are gone... ended up haveing dealer install and flash a new pcm... however i did have to do the crank learn i guess they were not smart enough to do it...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    correct, you need to purchase a new ecm and have it programmed via tech 2.
    So, what is "tech 2" ?

GM dealer diagnostic and ECM programming tool